PDA

View Full Version : Probe ? : Sears or Carvewright

MatthewPaulWalker
06-21-2008, 08:37 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance for the help here, I just joined the site... looks like som awesome info here. I did a search on my ? but wasn't able to come up with anything exact , so here's the deal:

I just bought a compucarve from sears, got a great deal on it from the manager but she couldn't do anything on the probe since it is has to be special ordered. My question is: do I have to use the sears/compucarve labeled one(and not able to use the carvewright one).. is it all the same or am I going to run into problems with buying a mismatched probe local on craigslist for much cheaper?

My guess is that it should all be the same, but I figured you guys are the experts =)

Oh ya, and while we're at it, are the bit sets and all other things like that interchangeable as well? Thanks again!

-Matthew

dougmsbbs
06-21-2008, 09:27 PM
The machines are the same, the only difference is the lettering on the side.
I got my machine from Sears, and everything else, including the probe and bits, from LHR. Everything is interchangable and works great!

AskBud
06-21-2008, 09:44 PM
As stated above, the Probe is the same, and the Bit Set should be as well.
Just be sure to see the picture of the Bit Set, before you order it from Sear's, as some sales people think the Router Bit set is what is called for rather than the correct set shown on this CW Link
http://carvewright.com/cms/bit-sets

I hope you bought a "New" carving unit and not a reconditioned one, as Sear's is advertising both right now.
AskBud

MatthewPaulWalker
06-22-2008, 09:01 AM
awesome;

Ya I did get a brand new one from the store, I had read on here about glitchy older ones so I made the manager order it in for me instead of getting a dusty smooshed-box that's been sittin there for who knows how long, haha.

Thanks for the info, def. lookin forward to learning what all this thing can do.

-Matthew