PDA

View Full Version : cutmotor

jackssib1
06-21-2008, 05:54 PM
Can the cover switch let the z,x, work and keep the cut motor from runing?
Dust? it happand to me 3 times today, turned cut motor a lil and it worked, cover or brushes in motor?
I'll clean and see in A.M.
Thanks
Jack

Digitalwoodshop
06-21-2008, 06:15 PM
That was my first indication that my cut motor brushes were too short to properly work. Stalled and broke a 1/8 inch bit that cost what 4 sets of brushes cost....

The right side cover switch is in the return circuit of the cut motor power. One of the push on connectors at the cut motor could be loose. Remember to tuck them in after checking or the Z motor will hit them and not be able to reach the bit flag.

My recommendation is to completely remove the cut motor and take it apart and blow the sawdust out of it. The caps on the brushes will break if you use a small screwdriver. Use a nice wide screwdriver.

AL

jackssib1
06-22-2008, 07:01 AM
I'm gonna look into it today.
Jack:)

jackssib1
06-22-2008, 08:47 AM
Sent bit trough board, can't pull it up at all. Want move, froze, guess motor gone.?:mad:

ChrisAlb
06-22-2008, 09:10 AM
Hi Jack,

Is it maybe that the bit is stuck in the wood? Maybe you could try lifting the QC collar to disengage the bit while lifting the truck up?

I've never had a Z motor go bad so I don't know if they "freeze" or not.

jackssib1
06-22-2008, 09:18 AM
I got bit up, by cranking up. Now the truck want go up at all,,even pushing, pulling. seems the motor is froze, and belt no turn.
Thanks again.
Jack