PDA

View Full Version : Don't make ...

eromran
06-19-2008, 08:45 AM
Don't make same mistake i did. Here was a 14 hour scan. I had let it scan through the night got it out this morning cause i was really curious to see if it came out any good cause the actual picture had a lot of under cuts in it and was deep in places. When i first looked i thought it came out great then i noticed the last of the scan it had a small hole in the picture and it did not pick up the bottom of frame. I had set the max depth to high and tried to scan to tight on the bottom. Now that it is scanning again i can laugh at it and i'll messure three times instead of twice or where my glasses.

ChrisAlb
06-19-2008, 08:47 AM
Darn nice looking scan though.....

Kenm810
06-19-2008, 09:19 AM
Beautiful Scan Ed,

Been there, Done that on the measuring,
Barb says I need a pair of Glasses to find my Glasses!!

badger
06-19-2008, 09:36 AM
I wouldnt waste another long scan. That came out nice enough that you should be able to fix that small hole without a problem.

Reset
06-19-2008, 09:41 AM
Add me to list of "Been there, Done that"'s :)

If it's any consolation Ed, Ken ...you are not alone ;)

And your not alone either Chris, 'cuz I agree, that is a "Darn nice looking scan"

Tommy

Reset
06-19-2008, 09:46 AM
I wouldnt waste another long scan. That came out nice enough that you should be able to fix that small hole without a problem.

Yes, that hole would be an easy fix... but the bottom of the frame didn't scan... 'cuz Ed measured too short...

You could scan just the bottom 1" of the frame, and piece it together in one of the graphics programs... blending is the issue then... sometimes it's just not worth the hassle...just easier to re-scan :) That is a long scan though...

Tommy

mtylerfl
06-19-2008, 09:52 AM
It's a much easier fix than that just described. No need to rescan anything...just use the Eyedropper Tool to pick the shade of grey for the immediate surrounding area, then use the Paint Tool to fill in the hole...should take about 10 seconds or less!

Reset
06-19-2008, 10:04 AM
it had a small hole in the picture and it did not pick up the bottom of frame....you missed the second part of the (bigger)"problem", Michael...
"and it did not pick up the bottom of frame."

But your solution to the first part is correct. :D

Tommy :)

mtylerfl
06-19-2008, 11:38 AM
You are correct, I certainly missed that. (My Evelyn Wood Speed Reading Course is to blame!)

I'd probably convert the scan to a PNG file and see if I could copy/flip the top part and merge it to the bottom in PhotoShop or equiv.. Failing that (if it didn't match well) I would do what you said originally and rescan the piece. Very sound advice indeed.

Reset
06-19-2008, 12:12 PM
Evelyn Wood :D (...but of course)

copy/flip the top part and merge it to the bottom in PhotoShop or equiv..

...another good suggestion :)

Tommy

ChrisAlb
06-19-2008, 12:18 PM
"I'd probably convert the scan to a PNG file and see if I could copy/flip the top part and merge it to the bottom in PhotoShop or equiv.. "

That was my thinking on the subject Michael. Save as a PNG, copy the top and add it to the bottom. A matter of a few minutes at best in PSP.