PDA

View Full Version : Covered Wagon

eromran
06-17-2008, 09:29 AM
Finally got to do the scan of this picture i have had for a while. The scan is about 9 hours but it keep stopping about 1/4 of the way through with a z axis stall error 246 after three tries it finally scanned whole thing. I have not tried something else yet to see if problem is fixed but a lot of what i read seems to suggest it was binding on something since i clean and sprayed it down every time it stopped i may have got it.

badger
06-17-2008, 09:56 AM
When you get the error, is it at a high point on your image? Most likely it was at a high point and would stop if the tip is not clearing.

Another thing to check since it finally did work, you might check the clip on the wire near the motor. If it has come loose it might be binding up as it comes across near the end of the axis.

fwharris
06-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Ed,

Nice scan. That should make a real nice carve.

eromran
06-17-2008, 11:50 AM
When you get the error, is it at a high point on your image? Most likely it was at a high point and would stop if the tip is not clearing.

Another thing to check since it finally did work, you might check the clip on the wire near the motor. If it has come loose it might be binding up as it comes across near the end of the axis.It is not happening at a high point but i will check the clip thanks for info. I take it that you have scanned something to high before. I had wondered what would happen if that was to occur. Thanks again

badger
06-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Yes I have. I have kind of tricked it by using some extended glue tip applicators. I have gone as far as 1.5 inches without problems then I just lower the depth when I get it into designer.