PDA

View Full Version : Laser Bit

roughcut
06-14-2008, 10:24 PM
Just a thought but maybe someone could design a laser bit for the CW
Seems like every thing except the depth would be compatable .You would have to dissconnect the cut
motor .The software and the other axis should work. One bit would do it all.It sure would extend the use for the CW........Bill

Digitalwoodshop
06-15-2008, 10:16 AM
Great Idea.....

Here is a old Laser I had that had the laser on the back and the beam came in from the back and hit the first 45 degree mirror went right to left and hit the 45 degree mirror on the x y arm that moved left and right and then hit the arm that moved front to back and a 45 mirror pointing down to a lens to focus the beam....

I traded them on 2 Epilog units.

The Print Driver was borrowed from HP... Some might remember the old HP open sheet plotters that could pick one of 8 colored pens and using the pen draw and image. The HP Test Equipment like the type that measures RF Energy used them to print a graph in one color then print the signal in another color.

The Laser has 8 pre settable power settings that you assigned a color to. Black would be 1, Red would be 2, and so on.... In your artwork you make the black the raster or in our case the .ptn that is cut in raster mode. You can set the power level and laser frequency for pen #1. For a Cut Path you would use a outline in RED and set the Red or #2 pen to your highest power, frequency and lowest speed.... Picture using that magnifying glass as a kid to torment the ants or burn into wood..... Same theory.... Focused Light....

I have not touched my Laser in 4 months.... And I have a Leather Key Fob job to do.... Carving is taking up all my time.... That reminds me of a joke.... If you have 3 carving machines and 2 lasers in a house, they will all get along and not be jealous of each other..... Now 5 Women....

I need to get out more....

:) AL :)