PDA

View Full Version : Memory Card Stuck In Cw

rstudley
06-14-2008, 11:21 AM
The memory card is increasingly getting stuck in the slot on the CW---- there is only a fraction of an inch of grab on the card owing to the design of the slot trim. I use compressed air and vaccuum to keep the slot clean. I am installing the memory card into the machine only as far as needed to make the menu show up on the display, not forcing it.

Is there any lubricant that can be used? I tried running a pencil down the edges of the card to put down a little graphite, but it had no effect. I am wary of grabbing the end of the card with pliers or similar, for fear of crushing something inside the card.

skeeterman
06-14-2008, 11:43 AM
is your machine bolted down to a table?
This happened to me as well and i found out i hade machine bolted down to tight on the table.

thomasj
06-14-2008, 11:54 AM
I've had that problem since day one! I just wiggle the card from side to side while pulling back and it eventually comes out. It's a very tight fit on my machine. I've tried rubbing a very small amount of wax on the sides of the card but I don't think it did much good.
I would be a little afraid of blowing air in the card slot - that may actually blow dust into the card connector and cause more problems!

You are correct - the opening is way too small. I don't know how anyone with large hands / fingers handles it!

BTW - My machine is not bolted down.

TJ

Kenm810
06-14-2008, 11:54 AM
rstudley,

Here's a little tick I've learned from the forum

Duct Tape or Fiber Packing Tape--- it works every time. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

thomasj
06-14-2008, 11:57 AM
kenm810,

Ask or search and ye shall find!!!

Never thought of duct tape but I use it for everything else ;-)

THANKS!

TJ

MikeMcCoy
06-14-2008, 01:56 PM
I really like simple solutions. That's one to start doing right away. :)

SandBuoy
06-14-2008, 02:14 PM
Great tip Ken :rolleyes: Thanks for bringing it up on this post. I must have missed it on the original. Thats going to take care of that little annoyance right away.

Kenm810
06-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Hey Guys,

All credit goes to AL (Digitalwoodshop)
That's one of his Machines in the Photo! http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

swhitney
06-14-2008, 09:36 PM
I have 3 cards and two machines, and use colored electrical tape for the mempry cards. A different color for each card allows me to spot which cards are in which machines as well as assisting me in retrieving them from the machine.