PDA

View Full Version : Inverted Text Carving Help

Fireman Phil
06-14-2008, 11:02 AM
I am trying to carve this in corian and I want the letters to show lighter than the carving. I inverted the letters from raster and choose a deeper depth than the carving. On older versions of Designer this was all I had to do and everything worked out fine. I can't seem to get it to work right on 1.126. I had to do merge + and - on the carving and letters. While the letters are deeper the the carving, the pattern still shows in the bottom of the letters making them alot deeper (.330") than I selected (.200"). Any ideas on what is going on??

PS - I can't upload the .mpc, it is too large. I tried to make the picture alot smaller but it wouldn't work.

Amonaug
06-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Try applying Clip Carving : Exclusive to the pattern. Not sure it'll work but I had a similar problem on my business sign.

Kenm810
06-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Phill,

Is it possible to add the text below the Photo on the uncarved Corian,
so its not distorted by the surface texture of the photo.
I've done it a few time on some of my lithos

mtylerfl
06-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Is it possible to add the text below the Photo on the uncarved Corian,
so its not distorted by the surface texture of the photo.

One way to create a "clean" area for the lettering below... edit the photo (crop) before importing the photo into Designer.

Another way - draw a rectangle the size of your desired "clean" area, make it a Carve Region with a depth of "0" so it will be flush with the board surface.

Kenm810
06-14-2008, 03:50 PM
Like Explained,

Crop photo, Clean Areas, or Carve Region with a depth of "0"

Digitalwoodshop
06-15-2008, 10:27 AM
That's GOOD Stuff Guys.... Thanks !!!!

AL

Fireman Phil
06-15-2008, 01:38 PM
What I did was do 2 carvings. I saved the picture as one file then placed the wording over it and deleted the picture and saved it as another file. When the picture was finished carving, I started the second carving and it worked exactly as I wanted. It shows the texture of the carving around the wording and the depth of the letters are uniform. Thanks for the responses on this. Sometimes it takes someone else's idea with your own to get the ball rolling!!

-Phil

mtylerfl
06-15-2008, 01:58 PM
What I did was do 2 carvings. I saved the picture as one file then placed the wording over it and deleted the picture and saved it as another file. When the picture was finished carving, I started the second carving and it worked exactly as I wanted. It shows the texture of the carving around the wording and the depth of the letters are uniform. Thanks for the responses on this. Sometimes it takes someone else's idea with your own to get the ball rolling!!

-Phil

That came out very, very nice, Phil - great job!!