PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassingly Simple Question

Bob K
06-09-2008, 09:55 AM
I haven't used my machine in over a year and forget EVERYTHING!!! I'm making a simple text sign and want to cut a rastered rectangle around the lettering that is 1/8" deep and 3/8" wide and I can't figure it out
HELP!
Thanks

mtylerfl
06-09-2008, 10:09 AM
I haven't used my machine in over a year and forget EVERYTHING!!! I'm making a simple text sign and want to cut a rastered rectangle around the lettering that is 1/8" deep and 3/8" wide and I can't figure it out
HELP!
Thanks

Hello,

Draw a rectangle, or oval, or circle, or freehand enclosed shape. Then click the Carve Region Tool and specify the Depth you want (it defaults at 1/4" deep).

Then postion your lettering inside the carve region you just created. Adjust the lettering height/depth. - done.

EDIT: Just realized you want a recessed area 3/8" wide around the entire perimeter. Nest a series (two, in this case) of rectangles inside each other and adjust depth(s) until you achieve the look you desire. The inner rectangle carve region depth will depend upon if you are doing recessed letters or raised letters.

DocWheeler
06-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Bob,

If you intend to get back into carving, upgrade your software to 1.126 because it works better - new features. Some new features could cause you a headache if you have ptn (pattern) files that YOU created yourself, but other than that I think you would find it to be better. It does not affect your mpc (project) files.

Bob K
06-09-2008, 11:21 AM
I appreciate your help but need to ask how do I select the area between the 2 rectangles so I can carve the region created by them. So far, it won't select.
Thanks again

Icutone2
06-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Try clicking on the rectangle in the left item list.