PDA

View Full Version : Two more...

TerryT
06-09-2008, 08:24 AM
I made these just so my wife had something to paint. She loves painting them and gets a little.... well... testy if I go too long without making something for her to work on.LOL

Carved on pine, minwax stain prep, stained, two coats of sanding sealer (sand each coat), paint, and two coats of clear laquer finish.

castingman
06-09-2008, 08:29 AM
TerryT

Very nice, I should send your wife some of mine , she does not like to paint !

Michael

The "DH"
06-09-2008, 08:37 AM
Terry T,
Well done to you and your wife!!! What kind of paint does she use?

Kenm810
06-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Great carving projects
plus the paint job and finish
look really amazing

DocWheeler
06-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Terry,

You and your wife create some beautiful projects.
Just curious, how big is the flowered tray?

Keep the pictures coming!

I have a problem, probably shared by several others. I see the beautifully crafted results that make all to many of mine pale in comparison. It seems that I can not be on-line long enough to add praise to the deserving pieces, and feel badly about the ones that I failed to comment on.

Kenm810
06-09-2008, 10:13 AM
I have to admit, I’m one of the many others with the same problem.
I’m amazed every day with the projects, ideas, and craftsmanship I see on the forum.
It’s hard to find the adequate and proper words of praise, with out sounding repetitious,
but large or small, elaborate or simple,
I have to say to all – Well Done

TerryT
06-09-2008, 02:33 PM
Terry T,
Well done to you and your wife!!! What kind of paint does she use?

She uses acrylic craft paints. They hold up to the laquer and other finishes without bleeding.

TerryT
06-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Just curious, how big is the flowered tray?

Hi Doc,
The finished size is 11 x 7, after the cutout. I cut it out of 3/4 stock but it would be better cut into 2 by to get better depth.

beachman
06-10-2008, 08:13 AM
great work,with enough practice,maybe i will be able to do something like that some day

SandBuoy
06-10-2008, 11:35 AM
Great Job on those Terry and wife. I really like that flowered tray you made. really looks old fashion and the stain is a really nice color. How long did it take to carve the tray Terry. Very nice work.