PDA

View Full Version : ZZClock

RayTrek
06-08-2008, 10:46 AM
The latest
In the learning carve.
Done in red oak, finished with Varathane pre stain wood conditioner and cabernet stain on outer numbers face with airbrush base coat paints.
It is 7” diameter and the numbers (Sylfaen) are done in outline and did chip out I am hoping on the next one that will be 10” dia. will not chip out.
Want to say thank you "AL" Digitalwoodshop for your inspirations with this project and everyone here that is helping me get a little closer to my goals.
Ray.

RayTrek
06-16-2008, 06:45 PM
Just had to share this, I stepped out of the garage for pix of the latest carve and a buck was hanging out for the shoot with Hood in back ground. The simple life carving in the morning and some finishing mid day and a cool pix in the afternoon, Good Day.
Later Ray

Kenm810
06-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Nearly to good to be true ... a chance in a million
A Good Day Indeed !!!

Amonaug
06-16-2008, 07:43 PM
I really like that clock, nicely done!

Digitalwoodshop
06-16-2008, 11:07 PM
WOW... Much better than my "Industrial Clocks"....

AL

Spanglerg@hotmail.com
06-17-2008, 04:14 AM
Great Work! Can you pass along the type top coat finish that you used?

fwharris
06-17-2008, 10:56 AM
Ray,

Great job! The finished clock is real eye catcher. Also thanks for sharing your good day pictures of the dear. A little bit of nature goes a long way..

RayTrek
06-17-2008, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the support and comments
AL, I used your mpc file in the beginning and wound up making a different ring for numbers the entire carving was done with 1/16” carving bit and did the board cut out with band saw. Thank you for your help and sharing.
Jarboon, The topcoat is "ACE" polyurethane clear gloss finish in a spray can 3 coats.
Included mpc file minis back relief. Carve took just over 2 hours both sides.
Good day to all
Ray

SandBuoy
06-17-2008, 12:34 PM
Great clock Ray. Sounds like you have it all. The mountain, wildlife and a great little hobby to keep you going. Looks like an endless supply of wood you have also. timber !!!