PDA

View Full Version : x axis stall ?????

skeeterman
06-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Midway thru a 3 .5 hr carve, i got an x axis stall. i opend cover checked things out, vacumed and tryed to restart. It wants to start at begining of carve .do i have to cut air for an hour and a half or is there a way to start where the stall was?

skeeterman
06-07-2008, 02:52 PM
I tryed carving a different project and got same message as soon as tool started carving. (X axis stall 236 press stop).
tryed to search forum but search wont accept x as a word has to be four letters. anybody got any info that might help?
Thanks

Reset
06-07-2008, 03:43 PM
With the machine "off" can you move the sandpaper belts? If not check to see if one of them has rolled under on itself at either edge. If you find that one of them has...the most likely cause is head pressure.

Also, check out this thread: http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4897&highlight=x-axis+stall

Tommy :)

Kenm810
06-07-2008, 03:50 PM
skeeterman,

Try your Search Using "X Axis Stall" to get around the less frur letter limit
there are several posts you can look at.

skeeterman
06-07-2008, 05:52 PM
this time it was z axis stall.found the problem with that, or i guess it was the problem, the sheath on flexshaft came off and flexshaft was not, in spindle.
Superglued it and will try another carving,dangnation this wood is getten used up quick and no carve to show for it.

OKCCarver
06-07-2008, 06:06 PM
this time it was z axis stall.found the problem with that, or i guess it was the problem, the sheath on flexshaft came off and flexshaft was not, in spindle.
Superglued it and will try another carving,dangnation this wood is getten used up quick and no carve to show for it.

Yes yes....alot of us have designer firewood stockpiled for the winter. Welcome to the world of the CW/CC! :cool:

Dan-Woodman
06-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Skeeterman
Don't give up yet, if your machine is fixed, go back into designer and put a carve region over the area thats already been carved, up to about a half inch or so of the uncarved area. Then set carve region depth on the new carve region to zero, and carve it again.

By the way , what are you super glueing? Don't super glue the shielth in the head , as it has to rotate.
later Daniel

skeeterman
06-07-2008, 07:05 PM
not giving up, just trying to make for kindlin for winter months.
The part i had to super glue was where the wires are inserted. to late on trying to go back in designer, i swapped the board over
andtryed a diferrent carving.

Dan-Woodman
06-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Maybe next time . The machine really is accurate enough to redo in situations like this, no need for kindling. Maybe this info will help someone else . Until then ,carve away everybody.

later Daniel

Digitalwoodshop
06-07-2008, 08:10 PM
I had a lightning storm come thought in the middle of a carve and at the bit change shut her down. Later I made a FIX file minus the stuff that had carved and it is cutting now. I always use "Place on End" for all my projects and add a 4 inch non carve area on the right side of designer. I save all the 4 inch blocks and for Christmas I will carve them with stuff or make a bunch of "Quilting" signs.

Either your right side guide was too tight....

Your sand paper belt folded under on the bottom.

Your wood was tapered and you broke your X gear.

Or sawdust built up in front of the roller and caused a stall.

Drive Cable problems, bit not spinning.

Good Luck,

AL