PDA

View Full Version : Understanding Board Lenght

Jossef
06-04-2008, 09:49 PM
I want to make sure I understand about what size board I need for a project. I want to make a plaque that will be 14" long X 12" high. It is my understanding that the board needs to be 7 1/2 " longer than my project. So I believe this means I need a board that is 21X12. Is this correct? Also am I suppose to tell the CW to stay under the rollers.

Thanks,
Joe

dougmsbbs
06-04-2008, 09:55 PM
You understand it correctly. Your actual board would be 21" by 12". In Designer you give it the 14" by 12" dimensions. Stay under rollers, keep original size, and center on board.

Amonaug
06-04-2008, 11:40 PM
I always tell it NOT to stay under the rollers because I know it's actually 7" longer than in designer. If you tell it to stay under the rollers doesn't it resize the patterns so there is 3.5" on each side of it?

dougmsbbs
06-05-2008, 12:22 AM
Actually, I don't think it matters. As long as you tell it to center on board and keep original size, it comes out the same.

ncamp
06-05-2008, 12:28 AM
I always tell it NOT to stay under the rollers because I know it's actually 7" longer than in designer. If you tell it to stay under the rollers doesn't it resize the patterns so there is 3.5" on each side of it?

If you tell it to stay under the rollers, there are two possibilities.

1. The board is 7" longer than the project and the pattern will carve full size or
2. The board is not 7" longer, then the machine will give the option to scale to size or to replace the board.

hotpop
06-05-2008, 06:24 AM
Jossef

It depends how you specified your board length in designer.

If you added your extra 7" of board in Designer then instruct the machine not to stay under the rollers.

If in Designer you did not add any extra length and your physical board is at least 7" longer then instruct the machine to stay under the rollers.

Jossef
06-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Thanks, I think I understand the board lenght much better now.