PDA

View Full Version : Help with basic shapes

willettsd
06-02-2008, 01:13 AM
Hey guys I need your help. I'm brand new to the Carvewright (about a week), and I'm still trying to learn the software and the machine. So far the machine is working great, thanks in large part to these great forums and you guys that take the time to post to them. I've been reading them night and day for about a week. I'm just trying to make a basic rectangle with one of the ends rounded off. I can make a rectangle and a circle but I can't figure out how to join/connect them and get rid of the half circle inside the rectangle. I've included the file for clarification and assistance. It seems like it should be fairly easy but I must have missed something. Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Shannon

TIMCOSBY
06-02-2008, 01:46 AM
taht are parallel or make them parallel after drawing, then go to arc and draw the arc from one end to the other end then grab the green dot and pull the way you want the arc to be. you can change the radius by picking the radius shown on the screen to make it exact.

TIMCOSBY
06-02-2008, 01:52 AM
right click the red dot on the rectangle and choose break figure to get rid of the end line.

Dan-Woodman
06-02-2008, 09:30 AM
You can also make a rectangle, right click on the line you want to make into an arc,go to "form " then click on arc.

later Daniel

TIMCOSBY
06-03-2008, 05:12 PM
thats a new one for me. i had never just clicked on the line itself only the dots. good tip.

www.go3d.us
06-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Here is what I did. Please see file attachment.
Start with a rectangle, select one of the edge, right click insert vertex, then right click break figure, delete that vertex. Select arc tool and draw the arc.
HT

andes
06-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Willettsd,

I'm new too, not sure if this is what you are looking for, but here it is.

Andes