PDA

View Full Version : A Good Idea.....

Digitalwoodshop
06-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Imitation is the greatest form of flattery... Not sure if in this case, if the Chicken or the egg came first buttttttt... A GOOD BUDDY sent me a link to the Shop Bot site and a video with the new Power Arm for the Shop Buddy.... A Screw Drive version of the CarveWright Sand Paper Tracking belts. Not to want to ruffle any feathers but I believe that the CarveWright has it's place in the Hobby and Beginner Sign Business. As we make money and learn and need bigger capabilities the Shop Bot is a natural progression forward. For me a 3rd and possibly a 4th machine is a better fit to my needs. My one machine has been running for DAYS..... I am limited in my sign capability without a little creative designer artwork splitting the work....

SO what hit me like the first time seeing the Compucarve TV Commercial was the SCREW DRIVE add on to the Shop Buddy making it Convertible to a FEED TROUGH Version with a 30x48 table.... That is just Fantastic....

There may be a few that skip the CarveWright on there way to a CNC but I believe CarveWright has a Very Reliable product. I have all the little fixes and even a replacement Y Drive after wearing it out..... The Sleeve bearing that is.... 700 hours will do that....

I am very confident my machines will Carve into the record books... Believing that I will have the first 1000 Cut Motor Hour Machine..... And by August or so.....

Worth a look... A great idea.... Do they have a Spindle version of that power arm to TURN a piece of wood as it slides through the machine.... WOW.... Baseball Bat maker....

A CarveWright version would work too.... Hopefully soon....

AL

http://www.shopbottools.com/buddy_videos.htm

Ike
06-01-2008, 04:20 PM
THAT IS SO AWESOME!!! Thanks Al, I know what is on my next to buy list!!!

castingman
06-01-2008, 04:34 PM
Al
Check out the shopsaber site , it's better built i think.

Michael

Mick
06-02-2008, 01:09 AM
This CNC machine was on DIY's Cool Tools. It looked pretty cool.

http://www.cncrouter.com/

Jeff_Birt
06-02-2008, 08:38 AM
Imitation is the greatest form of flattery... A Screw Drive version of the CarveWright Sand Paper Tracking belts.

I wonder if/how this infringes on LHR's patent(s) on their design?

This CNC machine was on DIY's Cool Tools. It looked pretty cool.

I have seen a lot of DIY type router table where folks try to use hand router motors (like the one linked here) for a spindle. Hand routers typically have a large amount of run out combined with the lack of rigidity in both the machine frame and spindle mount I would not suspect it to be a very accurate machine (nor are most tables of similar design). This particular machine probably does OK at plasma cutting (which is not super accurate anyhow), but trying to push a cutting bit through material is a whole different story.