PDA

View Full Version : turkey patern

skeeterman
05-29-2008, 10:16 PM
looking for a turkey pattern if anyone has one to share . thanks

AskBud
05-29-2008, 10:52 PM

There are several at the Pattern Store. Just type "Turkey" in the search box.
AskBud
http://www.carvewright.com/store/pattern.php

Ike
05-30-2008, 12:05 AM

Skeeterman, you know a good pattern package is Vector Art 3D animal starter. It has a great turkey amoung many other wild life patterns. It is very inexpensive considering all the patterns you get.

skeeterman
05-30-2008, 09:28 AM
thanks Ike, but i am afraid that vector art may be over my head,same as corel and the others

mtylerfl
05-30-2008, 10:43 AM

Hello,

We have a Turkey pattern both at the CarveBuddy site as well as the Pattern Depot.

www.go3d.us
05-30-2008, 10:27 PM
Hi, here is one: http://go3d.us/store/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=175
Thanks
HT

skeeterman
05-31-2008, 08:47 AM
I looked at the vector art sight, and it had turkey images, my question is if i used the images would they carve or would i have to do more to them?

Ivanq
05-31-2008, 08:50 AM
They are ready to carve. They are also nicely done in my experience. Just check the depth.

Cliff in Roswell

mtylerfl
05-31-2008, 09:06 AM
I looked at the vector art sight, and it had turkey images, my question is if i used the images would they carve or would i have to do more to them?

Hello Skeetrman,

If you are talking about just using the images themselves (instead of purchasing an actual pattern) then no, the images will not carve well - they will be "spotted" with artifacts and have no true 3D relief depth. The result will be rather poor quality.

However, if you purchase a "real" pattern in the CompuCarve/CarveWright format from Vector or the other pattern vendors (including the CarveWright Pattern Depot) it will yield a result you can be very pleased with.

skeeterman
05-31-2008, 10:09 AM
I apreciate the response,not much of a computer guy. vector art had alot of images that looked great but i woulld not like to spend that much money if the images would not carve, they look like they are in 3D.

badger
05-31-2008, 10:29 AM
Vector art images are some of the better models out there that will carve without a problem.

You would never go wrong with one of their images. Im not really trying to promote them since I also have patterns posted, but I will give credit where credit is due and like I stated you would never be disappointed with one of their patterns.

I believe they are also in the 3d business but their patterns are geared and set up for when they are sold you will receive it in a format that will work with your carvewright design program.

JamesB
05-31-2008, 11:08 AM
Skeeterman, as the others have said our images are ready to use on the CarveWright and we stand by the quality of them as being machine ready. On our actual website we do not sell the CW format so you should get them through the CW Pattern Depot - http://www.carvewright.com/store/pattern.php - that is where you can get the PTN files you need for the Designer software. A great feature of this is being able to Try before you Buy so you can ensure it looks good in your design before you spend any money. Click on our link on the left or better just type in what you are looking for into the Search function then you can see all the options available from all vendors and choose the one you like best.

The Animal collection that was referenced is this one here: http://carvewright.com/store/pattern.php?vendor=VectorArt3d&thisCat=258 (second in the list) - you can see the contents by clicking the link shown. If you do a lot of this type of work it is good value.

Good luck and thanks to the others for their kind words about our models.

RayTrek
05-31-2008, 11:28 AM
Hello Skeeterman
I have to agree that if you purchase a pattern you will be happy with the results.
I have an interest to make my own and it is not that easy.
This started with pencil and back and forth from photo shop and designer I have not carved it yet but it looks like it will carve ok.
Ray.
ps the black specs in pic are from my new ati vid card should have gotten nvid.

mtylerfl
05-31-2008, 12:57 PM
I apreciate the response,not much of a computer guy. vector art had alot of images that looked great but i woulld not like to spend that much money if the images would not carve, they look like they are in 3D.

Hello Skeeterman,

I think you are completely misunderstanding what everyone is trying to help you with...

The images won't carve well - the actual patterns that you would purchase in the 3D relief will. It is as simple as that...and has nothing to do with whether you are a "computer guy" or not.:)

Buy a CarveWright/CompuCarve compatible turkey pattern from the Pattern Depot, go3D, or whoever and try it for yourself - I predict you will be well pleased.

NOTE: Vector Art has CarveWright/CompuCarve compatible patterns available on the CarveWright Pattern Depot ONLY - but not on their own website! To get the Vector Art patterns that are compatible with our machines, you must go through the Pattern Depot.

Maybe the photos below will help you visualize what you can expect. (This was a door plaque I did to greet guests coming to our house for Thanksgiving last year.) The turkey in this particular project is from CarveBuddy.com and is also available in the Pattern Depot (same pattern - same price either location...the cornucopia pattern is also from CarveBuddy.com).

LollyWood
05-31-2008, 09:58 PM
Wow Mike, I saw your Turkeyday sign before, but I "just" seen it. That's nice my friend. W/o the patterns you bought ( I have cornacopia and will buy the bird) maybe you could MPC the frame, lettering and general layout? I would love to reproduce that general Idea ( and give you your props for it) for some folks I know.
If not I understand, that looks like some time in designer ( and I'm no designer wizard hehehehehe) But I will appreciate it. :)

mtylerfl
05-31-2008, 10:13 PM
Wow Mike, I saw your Turkeyday sign before, but I "just" seen it. That's nice my friend. W/o the patterns you bought ( I have cornacopia and will buy the bird) maybe you could MPC the frame, lettering and general layout? I would love to reproduce that general Idea ( and give you your props for it) for some folks I know.
If not I understand, that looks like some time in designer ( and I'm no designer wizard hehehehehe) But I will appreciate it. :)

Thanks Bernie,

Yep, I'll be very happy to send you the mpc (and anyone else who already owns the associated patterns) for the project layout - I've emailed a "ton" of 'em already (and also a ton and-a-half of the Hummingbird layout and the Freedom Reigns layout too).

Please make requests directly to CarveBuddy (not here on the forum) via our website or our email http://www.carvebuddy.com/contactus.html

skeeterman
05-31-2008, 10:41 PM
thank you all for clearing up my misunderstanding.
I am still in the learning stages, and i hope to be able to contribute to this forum as so many have. this is such a great forum with all kinds of helpfull advise. THANKS.

mtylerfl
06-01-2008, 06:37 AM
thank you all for clearing up my misunderstanding.
I am still in the learning stages, and i hope to be able to contribute to this forum as so many have. this is such a great forum with all kinds of helpfull advise. THANKS.

Hello Skeeterman,

We're all in this together and we've all been beginners ourselves. Also, we are all in a continual learning process, and are more than happy to pass along any info that might be useful. So don't by shy - use the search feature and be sure to ask for assistance if you cannot find answers to your questions. This is one of the most "willingly helpful" communities I've ever experienced!

castingman
06-01-2008, 06:49 AM
Skeeterman
mtylerfi is right, and if it was not for this forum a lot of folks including me would have a rough time. Enjoy this forum and your cc.

Michael

skeeterman
06-08-2008, 10:22 PM
Thank you Raytrek, that turkey worked fine for my project. did you use carvepic to make the ptn. thanks again.

RayTrek
06-09-2008, 08:39 AM
Skeeterman
The pattern was done in photo shop and designer 1.126
Would love to see your carving post pic if you can All carves are admired in my world
Thank You. Ray