PDA

View Full Version : Storage temperature

bdehoyos
05-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Storage temperature

The user manual states that the maximum temp is 110 F but I live south Texas and I’m sure that my garage gets a lot more hot during the summer.

Does any buddy know how sensitive is the machine on this issue?

BHD

bizbiki
05-29-2008, 02:56 PM
I live in Louisana which is probably just as hot and even more humid. My workshop is also in my unheated, uncooled garage, I only had one issue with the temp being too hot and that is when I did not have my flexshaft properly lubricated. So that probably would have failed regardless of the outside temp.

I will tell you though this past winter when the temp dropped below 35 I could not get my machine to work very well, so I do know that cold does effect them.

bdehoyos
05-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the replay,

I thinking in a table with wheels that would allow me to leave the machine inside the house when not in use, but right now I don’t have it so it will have to sleep in the garage

Amonaug
05-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Like any electronic equipment such as computers you don't want it to get too hot. Used to live in Louisiana and I know how hot it can get. If it gets too hot in your garage you might want to think about getting a large fan to circulate the air. Other than that you'd really only have to worry about the flexshaft overheating and keeping it lubricated should prevent that.

bizbiki
05-29-2008, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the replay,

I thinking in a table with wheels

Since you may build a table....

Search this forum and consider building a down draft table connected to a dust collector or shop vac. I wish I had initally, it would have saved me hours of greif as a dirty machine is one prone to all kinds of problems.

Anyway good luck and happy carving.

bdehoyos
05-29-2008, 04:19 PM
I’m not worried about when the machine is running (I do have a large Fan that I use when I work at the garage and that keeps the temp below 80) but rather when it is not, at noon with temps above 100 and the garage door closed. Inside the garage can get very hot