PDA

View Full Version : First Litho

Eagle Hollow
05-29-2008, 01:11 PM
Thanks to all you Gurus and the info you have posted, I finally took the leap and tried my first lithograph. I'm in the process of recovering from the shock of actually producing one that is usable. I am indebted to all you forum members who share with selflessness.

I am working with my friends at the Crazy Horse Memorial to find a market nitch for this litho and other carvings representing their work carving this mountain. I am open and welcoming any ideas and suggestions that you all may have. I appreciate any input you may have.

Thanks

Kenm810
05-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Jerry,

Nice job for a first Litho,
and a Great subject to carve, Well Done

fwharris
05-29-2008, 10:32 PM
Jerry,

Nice job on the carve! It shows up great. What thickness did you carve this on?
Keep us posted on your progess

SandBuoy
05-30-2008, 01:22 AM
Nice Litho, now its on your blood and you won't be able to stop.

Eagle Hollow
05-30-2008, 06:34 AM
Jerry,

Nice job on the carve! It shows up great. What thickness did you carve this on?
Keep us posted on your progess

FW,

Used 1/4" Corian. Depth = 0.125", Height = 100.

I have some sign material 3/16" thick. It is translucent Has anyone used this for lithos?

DocWheeler
05-30-2008, 12:01 PM
Jerry,

The litho looks great.
When I first saw your new avatar, I thought it was me (a few years ago!), I think that I have a photo of me that looks very similar - so long ago.....

Eagle Hollow
05-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Jerry,

The litho looks great.
When I first saw your new avatar, I thought it was me (a few years ago!), I think that I have a photo of me that looks very similar - so long ago.....

Ken,

That's me, six years old, trying to fix my little red wagon. In 1948 you either fixed it or didn't have one. By the way, I still have that wagon with the hard rubber tires worn down to the metal rims. Some of my 14 grandkids have enjoyed a ride or two in it.