PDA

View Full Version : Check Cut Motor.

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
05-29-2008, 06:50 AM
Just lubed the flexshaft today as i have done before perfectly to specification. Loaded up the first project and the machine fired up then stopped and gave "check cut motor" error. Check it for what? So i tried it again just to see if i could hear or see any problem with the cut motor and it fired up and did a two hour project nicely. Anybody know what this is about, am i missing a maintenance issue or is cut motor going bad?? I only got 60 hours of cut motor time.

Another issue thats making me uneasy is im getting somewhat of a grinding sound coming from the cutter head. Im wondering if thats the bearing in there running the QC. Any suggestions?? I searched on it and didnt find anything exzactly similar. Thanks everybody. Matt...

Kenm810
05-29-2008, 07:58 AM
twinpeaksenterprises,

Several months ago, After lubing the flex – shaft and running a small project I noticed the carving head was making a little more noise the had before. I also received a check cut motor error a couple of times. I popped the flex – shaft out of the top hat, to manually spin the QC Chuck to see if it was binding at all. Nope, smooth and free spinning, what I did fine was, even though I thought I had done a good job of drying the flex – shaft, was that some of the molly lube had found its way in to the top hat and was on top of the bearings. I cleaned it up and dried the shaft again. The noise was gone on the next carving, the all happened before I up graded to the latest Version of Designer (no more CC Errors) and before there were threads and posts stating that excise lube could damage the bearings in the carving head.
All has been well and running fine since.

Just an observation

Digitalwoodshop
05-29-2008, 08:02 AM
There is a magnet on the cut motor shaft that tells the computer it is running. It lets go... Check this by going to options and looking at the cut motor sensor and turn the spindle. Good it will count, 1, 2, 3, 4 for each revolution. Bad = 0.

If in warranty get a cut motor. Core charge is $40.00 New motor is $75.00 Replacement round magnet is $5.00 to fix your old motor to have a $45.00 spare.

AL

Audie
05-29-2008, 08:07 AM
I am boxing my CW for a trip to LHR for warranty work. While I was carving yesterday a horrible grinding noise was coming from it, upon inspection I found that a metal sleeve had fallen down from the Z Truck and was clattering against the QC. Seems that LHR has to replace the Z truck. The picture shows part of the metal sleeve that fell (although I had to push it back up to be able to remove the bit).

Kenm810
05-29-2008, 08:50 AM
Yep, twice Last year