PDA

View Full Version : Software licensing

bdehoyos
05-28-2008, 02:03 PM
Here is a question about the Licensing of the CW software

Once I receive the machine will I be allow to install the software on more than one PC?

I’d like to be able to have the software on my laptop as well as my desk top

Thanks

Kenm810
05-28-2008, 02:10 PM
You can have the CW software on two machines,
alot of folks have it on a home computer and a shop or office computer.
Your one license covers both computers.

It's listed in the FAQ.

Dan-Woodman
05-28-2008, 04:26 PM
Why else do you think the economy is so bad? There are 14,000 people using the software at home AND at work. LOL

later Daniel

aparks
05-28-2008, 04:57 PM
I want to license my second computer -- e-mailed LHR a couple of weeks ago, no reply.

Now I see the answer may be in FAQs but I can't find that either. I must not be using the right words. [Rant on] -- I wish they would get rid of that 4-letter minumum. [Rant off]

Anyway, if someone can point me to the right FAQ or "how-to" I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks,
aparks

ralphhood3
05-28-2008, 05:49 PM
I've heard people say before that the designer software license is valid on 2 PC's and that makes sense based on the logic. That being said, I just bought Centerline last Friday evening and I fairly distinctly remember it saying it was good only on 1 PC and that additional licenses can be purchased.

I have no idea what "additional licenses" would cost for Centerline, but even if it's less than the initial $100 it would suck to be have the rights to use designer on 2 PC's with the default license but only be allowed to use centerline on 1 of the 2 of those PC's without purchasing a seperate license.

Kenm810
05-28-2008, 07:31 PM
I've had CW Designer licensed on two Computers (Home and Shop) for the last 18 months.
Plus, I just call LHR a couple of hours ago and added it to one of my Laptops
that I normally use when I'm Traveling or on Vacation as a back up for the other two.
You can call LHR (1-800-573-1226) and have one of the software techs
set up your second Pc or Laptop and talk you through it on the phone N/C.
If you want, or need it, you can purchase another License ($150.00) for two aditonal computers.

bdehoyos
05-28-2008, 07:39 PM
and what happens when your PC crashes ? do u have to buy another ?

Kenm810
05-28-2008, 07:49 PM
They transfer the license to your new PC or back into the original one after it's been repaired.

Amonaug
05-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Just installed Designer on my new laptop. During registration (make sure you use the same ID and password you used originally) it asked which lisences I wanted to add (Pattern Editor, Centerline). I simply chose both and now use it on both my PC and laptop.

Audie
05-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Nice! I was holding off on Centerline due to the one PC limitation. I use two PCs daily for my work and thought that was a bit tough to only license for one PC.

forqnc
05-29-2008, 06:46 AM
I just had to re-format my home computer due to getting a worm (spy ware). Once I had designer installed, I went through the help menu to manage licenses - update licenses, you will have to log on with the registration login you used originally (not necessarily your forum log on) Once at my “license” web page there is an option to email the license file) Once you have this file you can then go back into designer – help – manage licenses – import licenses file. All done.

I know this works because the license file was wiped from my home computer. I used my license file from my laptop on my home computer and everything works fine.

Dwayne
12-08-2013, 02:25 PM
I just had to re-format my home computer due to getting a worm (spy ware). Once I had designer installed, I went through the help menu to manage licenses - update licenses, you will have to log on with the registration login you used originally (not necessarily your forum log on) Once at my “license” web page there is an option to email the license file) Once you have this file you can then go back into designer – help – manage licenses – import licenses file. All done.

I know this works because the license file was wiped from my home computer. I used my license file from my laptop on my home computer and everything works fine.

I know this is 5 years later but I just tried this on my second computer(laptop) and it didn't work for me, tried the download and the email...neither worked...and it's Sunday, have to call tomorrow..from Canada..grrr.

Dwayne
12-09-2013, 07:12 AM
Well...after a night's sleep (and further reading) all is well and I now have Designer 1.187(and all features) running on my Laptop...and all was done without calling LHR.
Problem was 'not knowing' about getting and adding the second computers ID to my web-account.;)