PDA

View Full Version : I got me a dang woodpecker!

DDV
05-28-2008, 12:10 PM
I'm not sure to post this here in the machine forum or the software forum. But here goes anyway! I’m sure someone has had this problem, but I’m not finding anything like this with search that does me any good. Running software v 1.120. Machine is vintage Feb. 07 with no repairs. 99.9 % of my work I drawn myself within Designer and have had no problems that I didn’t make myself. Now with this last project everything goes as normal with the carving bit already installed then after “find surface” the machine ask for the carving bit again. So I just press “Enter” Then the truck moves to a spot on the board and starts acting like a dang woodpecker and just pecks at the wood. If I go back and delete the patterns from the project everything is normal. The project has eight small simple patterns arranged at different points on the board that I made in Photoshop in bmp. format. I have drawn the patterns within Designer and the machine carves them but they just don’t look as good as the imported patterns. I'm sure its one of those operator error's, that I'm just to stupid to find myself!
DDV

Dan-Woodman
05-28-2008, 04:20 PM
DDV
Did you tell the machine to auto scale your project. If your board was smaller than in designer it would ask your to auto scale.
You could try reformating your card also , delete your project on the memory card and reformate.
Double check your project in designer for a reason it would ask for the bit twice. Maybe there are duplicate projects on your designer board.

just some thoughts , later Daniel

DDV
05-28-2008, 10:17 PM
DDV
Did you tell the machine to auto scale your project.

Double check your project in designer for a reason it would ask for the bit twice. Maybe there are duplicate projects on your designer board.

Dan, I talk to this blasted machine all the time. I'll be in real trouble if it ever starts to talk back!

And:

Your a good man, Dan the Woodman. Like I said a stupid operator error! I was using a patten for a template and then forgot to delete the template from under the drawing. I guess it was trying to carve both designs at the same time. Like Forest Gump said, Stupid is, what Stupid does!

Thanks
Darrell

Dan-Woodman
05-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Hey Darrell
I can tell you a lot about stupid,as I have"been there done that.
Or how about "Stupid ain't got nuttin' on me".
It's all in fun my friend, happy carving.
Good thing these machines are smarter than we are. I get errors all the time.

later Daniel