PDA

View Full Version : Hours before a breakdown poll

bdehoyos
05-28-2008, 08:57 AM
I’d like to know how reliable the CC is …

How many ours before you had to machine failure?

from 0 to 20
21 to 50
51 to 100
101 to 150
151 to 200
200 or more

Jeff_Birt
05-28-2008, 09:53 AM
With all due respect, a poll like this is useless. First what constitutes a 'breakdown'? You have defined no metric by which it could be measured. Do 'breakdowns' include all the silly things we do as operators that give out machines fits?

Much of any machines longevity has to due with the level of care it receives w.r.t operation procedures and maintenance. It has been discovered, by we users, that if we keep our machines reasonably clean, and use the properly operation procedures (always keep board under rollers, etc), that they are very reliable.

forqnc
05-28-2008, 10:15 AM
I’d like to know how reliable the CC is …

As reliable as my ability to learn quickly the stupid mistakes I made learning to operate it.

fwharris
05-28-2008, 10:21 AM
I agree with Jeff! For the most part it is as releable as the operator who maintains it. If you do a lot of digging into the problems posted you will find that they were related to operator issues. I have seen a lot of the CC owners post problems, send the machine back to Sears, get another machine and repeat the same problem and blame it on the machine.

bdehoyos
05-28-2008, 10:27 AM
Jeff,

You are absolutely right!

And the bad part is that I can’t come up with a poll will tell me how reliable the CC is.

Can you stop the thread?

BDH

MikeMcCoy
05-28-2008, 10:31 AM
Not to beat a dead horse but your poll assumes everyone has had a breakdown. I have two machines and neither has broken yet (I don't consider my blunders a breakdown and there have been several of those).

Icutone2
05-28-2008, 10:58 AM
I also have over 100 hours and have had no "Break Downs" other than operator errors.

bizbiki
05-28-2008, 11:16 AM
Other than operational errors which would include not keeping the machine as clean as I should when done carving, I have had one issue and that was with the magnets on the cut motor. Which LHR very graciously repaired at their expense. The only other problem I had was with the QC and I think that it was my fault in that I did not properly maintain it beween uses.

After the building and installation of a downdraft table my CW has more or less ran flawlessly.

MikeMcCoy
05-28-2008, 11:28 AM
Just a recommendation of course but I would not delete or lock the thread since it's turning out to be one of the more overall favorable ones I've read.

Jeff_Birt
05-28-2008, 11:31 AM
Hey guys, at the OP's request I am going to remove this poll as its intent was not completely conveyed in the original question ( he had good intentions ). But, I did not want to remove it all the sudden and make folks wonder where it went either. So, I will lock it down now and remove it in the next day or so.