PDA

View Full Version : Cut Motor Disassembly

jerrbitt
05-26-2008, 07:33 PM
Found out after removing the RPM sensor, that I could detect the cover holding the magnet was shredded.

Called LHR and they said they will send me a new motor. In the meantime I took the motor off. But have not been able to disassemble it for a thorough inspection and possibly salvage some parts. I removed all the screws holding the two halves but there must be a trick to break open the motor.

I have seen posts of the motor disassembled and before I take the "pry bar" to it, like to know if there is some technique to use.

dougmsbbs
05-26-2008, 09:31 PM
If I remember right, there were two screws down inside the motor you need to get out. Then a small screwdriver between the two halfs popped it right apart.

TerryT
05-27-2008, 07:06 AM
I seem to remember six (6) screws. Look inside the exhaust port?

jerrbitt
05-27-2008, 09:12 AM
Plans for salvage thwarted by LHR who wants motor back or forfeit core charge of $40.

Thanks anyway for the information.

www.go3d.us
05-27-2008, 11:07 AM
With a drop of supper glue gel (not liquid) will get the magnet stick back on and stay there for good.
Ht

fwharris
05-27-2008, 07:08 PM
Jerrbitt,

Let LHR keep the $40. A new motor is around $75. The replacement magnet retainer is $5. Pay the core charge and get the retainer and you have a back up motor..

Plans for salvage thwarted by LHR who wants motor back or forfeit core charge of $40.

Thanks anyway for the information.