Just to say -- Thank You
To All our Troops Past and Present.

jackssib1
05-26-2008, 04:53 PM
Thanks,,Ken.:)
Jack

LittleRedWoodshop
05-26-2008, 06:41 PM
do you remember where you saw that picture originally... that is the picture that I have been looking for to finish the project that is going to Ridgway...

Or do you have it in a larger format... that would make the coolest lithopane.... let me know what you've got. I already started searching for it

dougmsbbs
05-26-2008, 06:53 PM
Ken,
I'll second that! Like LittleRedWoodShop, I would LOVE to turn that into a litho!
Any chance we can find a bigger copy of that photo?

SandBuoy
05-26-2008, 09:45 PM
I saved the picture and opened it in PhotoShop. Went up to VEIW NORMAL size and it is actually quite large. Infact I had to reduce it down a little to vew it by 50%. Really great picture and I agree it may make a great litho.

Kenm810
05-27-2008, 06:47 AM
Hi Jason

Late night yesterday, all the In Laws and Out Laws and the Kids were over for Dinner and stayed for a marshmallow roast till midnight. I just read you posts and requests for a larger format of the photo. It’s a screen shot I snapped of a slide show posted yesterday, shown just before the news coverage of a Memorial Day Parade. I cropped it from the screen save, enlarged it as much as I could and used Designer to put a frame around it.
SandBuoy is right if you click on the posted thumbnail and the then on the open photo, it is quit large. I’m not nearly as skilled at cleaning up a photo for a litho as you are, so if it works for you I’d love to have a copy of your finished file to carve for myself.

dougmsbbs
05-28-2008, 06:50 PM
Well, I stripped out my CW's X Axis gears again, so I had to cut it over in GlenYoders shop (Thanks, Glen!), but here's a not too bad version of the NeverAlone image. This was cut on Bone colored Corian, and Glen cut one on white. Not sure which I like the best, but both are not half bad.
Maybe someone else can do a better job on the original image, but I think I'll just call it done, myself.

Kenm810
05-28-2008, 07:43 PM
dougmsbbs,

Nice job,
Looks like you definitely have the touch, well done

LittleRedWoodshop
05-28-2008, 07:59 PM
Now I know it can be done.... anyone want to post the MPC so that I don;t thave to convert it....

dougmsbbs
05-28-2008, 08:17 PM
The PTN was to large to upload. Here is an MPC file.
I cut this at a depth of .125 and a height of 150.

Glennyoder
05-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Doug I just want to say thanks for all the help getting me started out on the right foot. I hope to be able to post some pictures of my first projects, as soon as I get the boxes finished. Maybe some shop pictures?

Glenn

dougmsbbs
05-29-2008, 02:02 PM
By all means! If I had a shop like that, I'd probably sleep in it.... Of course, if I spent all my time in such a shop, my wife would probably MAKE me sleep in it. Sigh.
I'm looking forward to seeing pics of those two boxes your working on.:D

I hope to be able to post some pictures of my first projects, as soon as I get the boxes finished. Maybe some shop pictures?

Glenn