PDA

View Full Version : Text in the air

estein01
05-25-2008, 05:37 PM
To start, I recieved my machine the other day (thanks Jason) and I am loving it. I have only been doing some small carvings while testing what it can do.

Today I did a sign for a friend of mine and the main part of the carving went well. When it came time to do the text it did it about 1 inch above the wood. What I mean to say is that, the bit never touched the wood. The final cut path then worked perfectly.

Needless to say I am a little bit (pun intended) confused.

I have attached the mpc file. If anyone could tell me if it is something I am doing or something with the machine I would greatly appreciate it.

Eric

Dan-Woodman
05-25-2008, 06:09 PM
Eric
Did the bit touch the little swing out arm to the rear when measuring the bit?
if it did , then check to see if the bit touched the board when measuring .
If every thing else is done , you might have to erase everything and redo your lettering.
Better yet , erase everything execpt your kettering , then rerun your project.
later Daniel

estein01
05-25-2008, 06:11 PM
It did measure correctly as far as i could tell.

Eric

Dan-Woodman
05-25-2008, 06:17 PM
I added to my last post while you were typing.
Erase everything execpt your lettering and rerun the project.

If it dose not , then its firewood anyway . It should work just fine.
If your lettering goes away when you erase everything else then just deepen your lettering.

If you have already done all the cutpaths, you may not be able to rerun your board with the sides cut out.
I think I would either make new boards to fit in the cutout sides, or do it with a handheld router.

later Daniel

roughcut
05-25-2008, 07:37 PM
Looks to me like the bit found the depth before the cut region then when it came time to cut the letters your board was already cut down to .250 that only left .125 maybe .375 wasn't deep enough for the bit you were using
Bill