PDA

View Full Version : Centerline not carving

rdc527
05-24-2008, 09:42 AM
I have tried to cavre a Raster image and then in the same project carve som centerline letters with a v-bit. I put the proper bits in when asked and the machine seems to check the bit calibration, but when it comes time for the letters to carve the v-bit never contacts the wood.

Kenm810
05-24-2008, 10:20 AM
rdc527,

Have you purchased the Centline software from CarveWright
and registered it online at LHR (CarveWright)

SKU CNTRLN Quantity in stock 999003 available Price:$100.00

rdc527
05-24-2008, 11:00 AM
I have purchased the license, and have used it to carve letters. It seems to be an issue when there is a recessed raster cut in the project.

ChrisAlb
05-24-2008, 11:20 AM
Centerline will not carve in a recessed area unless.....

You create another file exactly like your original carve file with just the Centerline text on it. Then run the project again and "manually" jog the "touch position" into the recessed area.

Check your user manual for the key pad selections to switch to "manual Jog"

rdc527
05-24-2008, 03:18 PM
I am not trying to carve is a recessed area. The raster image is carved .3 deep, and the centerline is to be carved on the un-carved surface of the board.

Amonaug
05-24-2008, 03:26 PM
Are you positive the bit is actually touching the bit plate when it's doing it's calibration? If it's stopping just shy of the plate due to restriction of movement, dirty power giving false readings, etc. then it could carve just air.

mtylerfl
05-24-2008, 03:59 PM
I am not trying to carve is a recessed area. The raster image is carved .3 deep, and the centerline is to be carved on the un-carved surface of the board.

Hello,

Can you post your mpc file? Might help to troubleshoot the file itself before looking into other causes.

(Post the mpc only if it does not contain non-copyprotected patterns.)

rdc527
05-24-2008, 04:14 PM
hope this helps!

Amonaug
05-24-2008, 05:24 PM
Maybe someone more knowledgable than me can correct me but what thickness is the actual board you are using? Your board in design is 1 " thick and even though the machine measures the board thickness and should use that I THINK that for centerline it may use what is in designer.

You could as an experiment reduce the thickness in designer and see if that helps.

rdc527
05-24-2008, 05:39 PM
Actual thickness of the board is 1 inch.

rdc527
05-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Are you positive the bit is actually touching the bit plate when it's doing it's calibration? If it's stopping just shy of the plate due to restriction of movement, dirty power giving false readings, etc. then it could carve just air.

When I am first asked to insert the 60degree v-bit it touches. After the raster cut is completed with the carving bit, I put the v-bit back in and it doesnot touch bit plate.

Digitalwoodshop
05-24-2008, 06:24 PM
The V Bit and ALL Bits must touch the bit plate to tell the computer the bit length. Either it is not touching the bit plate OR your bit plate is bent UP causing it to touch early and not in the correct position. The bit plate should be level when extended.

Good Luck,

AL

mtylerfl
05-24-2008, 08:22 PM
When I am first asked to insert the 60degree v-bit it touches. After the raster cut is completed with the carving bit, I put the v-bit back in and it doesnot touch bit plate.

During your initial setup, did you follow the bit prompts/insertions exactly in the order in which they were requested? In other words, is it at all possible that you received a prompt for, say, the 1/16" bit and inserted a V-bit by mistake? Sometimes it can be easy to get things mixed up during the bit request stage during the initial setup when swapping bits in and out.

Have you tried re-doing the project all over again to see if you get the same results?

mwildes
05-25-2008, 05:56 AM
This was one of the frequent problems that I had with my machine, and one of the many reasons that I returned it.

When going through the initial set-up of board measure, quality selection, bit choice, etc; you really have to watch the machine as it performs each step. Often, I would see the machine not travel down far enough to touch the bit plate or to touch the wood when "Finding surface". The bit would stop about 1/8" short.

You MUST abort the program at that point and start over. I sometimes had to go through the set-up 3 or 4 times before the bit would touch BOTH the bit plate and the surface of the wood. When it did both, it carved the depth flawlessly with any type of bit, performing any type of carve function.

It can be frustrating to have a project with 3 different bits and the set-up goes fine until the last bit and you need to abort and start over. Several conversations with the LHR folks did not resolve the issue nor could they tell me anything that I was doing wrong as operator error to cause the malfunction. Hopefully you will have a better outcome.

DustyUsr
05-25-2008, 12:23 PM
rdc527

I had a simular problem before, I looked at you MPC and found no problems.
I had to delete the file from my memory card and re-flash the card, it seemed to help me with my problem, hope it does for you.
Michael

rdc527
05-25-2008, 10:09 PM
Thanks to all who replied to my question.

mtylerfl
05-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Thanks to all who replied to my question.

Were you able to resolve the problem?