PDA

View Full Version : the machine doesnt float

pscychnurse
05-24-2008, 05:02 AM
Well, I drove 360 miles round rip to get my machine weds, worked thurs and then loaded the software with you guys help on thurs. Woke up FRi all excited to use the new machine and found the head did not go up or down . called cust support(cs) and they said put aallen wrench in the hole on the right threaded rod the head was attached to. After that failed I call cs again this guy said to take the bottom off and asked if there was any "play" in a horizontal bar I stated no and he instructed me how to loosen the srews to give it play. THen I turned the machine back over and attempt to move the head up or down i went left (down?) 3-4 cranks and the handle unthreaded in my hand. This time cs guy #3 asked if the spring came out Iasked what spring since #2 neve mentioned that important piece of info. So now I have a spring a washer roaming around my computer area(lcd board) I asked for anew machine but they said they would send me a new handle assembly to put on in 5-6 business days. has any 1 put 1 of these on? I am not a master mechanic and needless to say a little pissed over the whole thing. please advise......ron:mad:

Jeff_Birt
05-24-2008, 08:30 AM
First the keypad is sealed from everything else, no worries there. Second, how was CS#2 supposed to foresee the handle falling off in the future? The handle is easy to install, if you do a quick search on the forum you will even find instructions. Sometime in the future you will no doubt need to remove the handle to grease the clutch anyhow.

pscychnurse
05-24-2008, 08:39 AM
Thanks jeff I guess i was just venting since I havent carved a single piece yet and took off 3 days work to learn the machine...... sorry you all had to hear my wrath

Jeff_Birt
05-24-2008, 08:48 AM
I can understand being frustrated :), you'll probably hear me say it a lot, but 'the search feature is you friend'. For instance I found the following...

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7269&highlight=handle

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6488&highlight=handle+loose

I could not seem to locate a post with handle installation instructions, I know I have posted it a few times myself. If CW does not provide instruction, someone here can help out.

pscychnurse
05-24-2008, 11:39 AM
They sent me that apparently they forgot to put in the spring as there is no where for it to fall down to after feeling around in the machince thnks ron