PDA

View Full Version : New Carve Will this work?

Icutone2
05-23-2008, 08:53 PM
Hope this works

Icutone2
05-23-2008, 08:57 PM
Well here is my first try of both sides carving, Any thoughts on this one.

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
05-23-2008, 10:05 PM
The pattern seems like there would be no problem, im not sure how double sided carvings work though, would it prompt you to flip the board to do the other side??? Looks good though... Maybe one of the more experienced carvers will chime in here. I would be interested to know how the double sided work as well...

ncamp
05-23-2008, 10:16 PM
You did not use a cut path to cut out the plates. The CW will not put tabs in to hold the pieces in place when you cut them out. It may damage your machine when they get cut out and are loose.

Look at May's tips and tricks edition for more information on cutouts.

dougmsbbs
05-23-2008, 10:17 PM
The machine will carve the back side first, then prompt you to flip the board. Make sure you flip it side to side, not lengthwise!

bjbethke
05-24-2008, 12:12 AM
You do not have this placed on the board right. The PTN is Great Thanks for posting the MPC. Did you scan this PTN?

Your Back did not line up with the Front, and the edge of the plate looks like it will be ¾ inch thick when carved with the PTN you placed on the back. I like the plate so I made up a MPC the way I would carve this. I found it was 888KB in size, too large to post, so I removed two of the plates on the front to get the MPC down to 615KB I hope that will post OK. If you would like a copy of the 888KB MPC send me your e-mail address (PM me, and I will e-mail it to you along with the PTN’s I used on the back side.)

(The 888KB file uploaded OK. Remove the drill hole before you carve this MPC.)

The photo shows the plate edge; make sure you remove the 2” drill hole before you carve this. It may mess up the rollers.

The back side should carve first and the front, with the cut out will carve last.

Have fun, and thanks for the MPC.

Icutone2
05-24-2008, 11:00 AM
Thanks for all your help I will try it again. I will post the results soon.
THANKS again!

Dan-Woodman
05-24-2008, 04:39 PM
Those look very nice . Be sure to let us know what finish and wood you use also .

later Daniel

Keenosan
05-30-2008, 11:14 PM
Here is the original pattern. I uploaded it to the forum a while back.

Kelly

Amonaug
05-31-2008, 11:19 AM
You know lately I've been getting the board is too thick error message too and on 1/2" boards.

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
05-31-2008, 09:58 PM
That is.... An amazing pattern Keenosan!. Not sure how you made that but its one of the most intricate i've seen. I looked at the file and if you don't have the 1/2 inch ballnose as used in the pattern you can use the v90 on the backside inner circle carve. Thanks for sharing. Matt