PDA

View Full Version : Faulty sensors & poor design

Amonaug
05-21-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm getting really fed up with the "Close Cover" message. Replaced the sensor with a new one that they sent me and in about 10 hours carve time it's on the fritz again due to poor design. The wires to the contacts are lightly soldered to the contact so vibrations from the machine loosen this and the sensor intermittenly works, wiggle the wire and it closes the contact but only if the wire is held in one particular position.

Another thing is I can't beleive they don't have the electronics SEALED from the dusty environment. Things would last a lot longer (ie sensors) if they couldn't get miniscule particles of dust in them. Also the dust isn't good on computer boards. Why do you think you should open your computer and clean it out from time to time. Dust interferes with contacts, etc and builds up heat.

dougmsbbs
05-21-2008, 02:05 PM
I would have to agree with you on this one. Those switches are cheap, and if you get any dust at all in them they're gonna fail...
Another good reason to never use compressed air inside a CW. I think it just blows the dust into places I really don't want it to go...