PDA

View Full Version : I wonder if

Lloyd
05-20-2008, 09:13 AM
I wonder if repeated copies can degrade the item being copied. I designed this cribbage board and carved it this AM. All went well until it started to drill the holes. I had designed one group of 15 holes then copied it to get the rest of the board that was the same. The curved sections was copied one hole at a time and they worked ok. Has anyone had this problem or might it be just a gremlin at work?

Dan-Woodman
05-20-2008, 09:35 PM
One possiblity is your board may be slipping . Make sure your board is perfectly flat, that the edge next to the keypad has no defects in it , and should not be super slick. May have to put a piece of painters tape on that edge.

later Daniel

Lloyd
05-21-2008, 07:39 AM
I did put tape on the board and the board was flat. I was thinking that if the board had slipped all the holes from the point it slipped would be off, but if you look at the picture you can see that the first holes were right on and the last holes were also right on. I think I will redo all the holes one at a time and see if this makes a difference.
Daniel, thanks for the input.

LollyWood
05-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Hey Lloyd,

Hope this can help. I made this board for a friend. It came out great. Maybe it can help w/ your layout. BTW I don't play the game, but I do like to make the boards. :)

I got this from one of the forum gurus

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=12141&d=1210303214

Lloyd
05-22-2008, 06:01 AM
Thanks, I'll try this one and see if it comes out ok. You should learn to play cribbage it is a great game.