PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion, please -- cut motor

aparks
05-19-2008, 03:25 PM
My machine has, I believe, a problem that has been discussed here before. I assume it's the magnet/speed control. After loading a bit the cut motor comes on, gets to near full speed and shuts down. When carving begins, same thing -- then I get the CCM error message, hit enter to continue and carving is completed.

My question and your opinion: Is it OK to continue this way? Is any harm being done? Should I install the newer, available, round plastic magnet holder? Would you ignore this situation or fix it?

Thanks for your opinion --You have no further responsibility or liability :)

Allen

newcarver
05-19-2008, 04:17 PM
My question and your opinion: Is it OK to continue this way? Is any harm being done? Should I install the newer, available, round plastic magnet holder? Would you ignore this situation or fix it?

Thanks for your opinion --You have no further responsibility or liability :)

Allen
If it just stops all the time, sounds like there not alot of choices on ignoring it, if its broke fix it. I would try the new magnet(if your out of warranty, if not call lhr and get a new one), it cant hurt, although it could be the sensor also, Is the magnet loose? Have you already taken it apart? Could be a few things.

hotpop
05-19-2008, 04:42 PM
It won't fix itself. If the machine is under warranty and you know it not running right then get it fixed.

bizbiki
05-19-2008, 05:28 PM
I had the same problem a few months ago. When I had to send my machine back to Houston I had them address the cut motor problem as well. One additonal thing that I had them do is to change the sandpaper belts as well, as they were starting to wear and I thought that lhr would most likely do a better job than I would. And I beleive that they just charged me for the part not the labor.

Bottom line is that the magenets were put on (or near) the cut moter of a reason and that they have fallen out of position is enough of a reason to send back.

deemon328
05-19-2008, 06:07 PM
I have this problem. LHR will repair your cut motor if you send it to them, or they will cross ship you a new one for $40. I'm not keen on waiting weeks for them to fix mine, so I'll wait and do a cross ship.

It's something I intend to take care of during my warranty, but it doesn't really hinder using the machine at all for me. I've probably put 20 hours on the cut motor since this problem started.

fwharris
05-20-2008, 12:53 AM
I have this problem. LHR will repair your cut motor if you send it to them, or they will cross ship you a new one for $40. I'm not keen on waiting weeks for them to fix mine, so I'll wait and do a cross ship.

It's something I intend to take care of during my warranty, but it doesn't really hinder using the machine at all for me. I've probably put 20 hours on the cut motor since this problem started.

Deemon,

I had LHR charge me the $40 core charge and send me a new motor. I told them I would either return the old motor or just keep the old one. I kept the old motor and also orderd the plastic magnet retainer ($5). Now I have a back up motor with new retainer. The cost for a new motor if you are just buying it is $72 to $75 plus shipping.

Digitalwoodshop
05-20-2008, 09:06 AM
For the new guys search for "anatomy of the cut motor" and find detail pictures of the magnet CCM issue.

AL