PDA

View Full Version : Ace is the PLACE for.... CarveWright....

Digitalwoodshop
05-16-2008, 09:41 PM
From the news letter....

ACE HARDWARE NEWEST RETAILER

Ace Hardware is the newest retail partner in the CarveWright family. They will be carrying the product in select stores throughout the nation. Ace Hardware has a network of over 4600 stores and we are very proud to be included in their product line

Now that is GREAT NEWS.

AL

fwharris
05-17-2008, 12:40 AM
Al,
Thanks for the post on this. Yep, Ace is The place to be...I just might have to stop by and talk to them. My local store already knows I have one.. Maybe a little public relations would be in order..

LittleRedWoodshop
05-17-2008, 01:15 AM
Ace is the place....

Hopefully tey will be carrying a full line of accessories.

Digitalwoodshop
05-17-2008, 09:18 AM
From my experience ACE has the atmosphere where I would feel comfortable teaching a class on using the machine. Sears.... No.... Too Steral.... Between the 3 users here in my area we could teach a great class... Chris really doing most of the hard stuff with the Designer....

This is a GOOD Deal for CarveWright and ACE.

AL

liquidguitars
05-17-2008, 02:45 PM
thats cool!

LG

Dan-Woodman
05-18-2008, 10:37 AM
Does that include Westlake Ace Hardware. Are they the same? We have more Westlake Ace around here than we do Ace.

later Daniel

Kenm810
05-18-2008, 10:48 AM
If anyone happens to see a site or a list of which Ace Hardware stores
will be selling the CW Machines and the CW Accessories.

Please!!, Share them with all of us, by posting them on the Forum.

want2b
05-20-2008, 07:49 AM
Ace is a franchise chain of stores, locally owned and what they carry at each store is decided by the owers based on size and locality. Worked P/T at one here for a year and they owned four stores which were all different based on size and location. Nearby town has one owned by another family and it is totally different.
If the store does not stock an item you can go to their custome service and get them to order it for you from the warehouse. Additionally you an order an item online and have it shipped to the local store for free.
I went to www.acehardware.com and did a search for compucarve and carvewright with no match at this time. Probably take a while to get the logistics set up and stocking levels at the warehouse. Also there is a store locator search available.

Kenm810
05-20-2008, 08:11 AM
want2b,

Good Info, thanks for posting and passing it along,
I'm sure it will save a lot of wasted trips and running around.

Find your local Ace (http://www.acehardware.com/mystore/storeLocator.jsp)

JamesHuntsville
05-20-2008, 08:15 PM
I stopped by the local Ace Hardware store and talked to the owners today about the CarveWright Machines. They didn't know anything about them, so I gave him a notice from LHR Tech. and he said he would make a telephone call and call me at home with the information. He called in a couple of hours and said that Ace will be getting the machines and be a distributer in about one more month. He said that in 30 days he could order and get the machine and any accessories anyone wanted. That was good news because that will save me a two hour drive to Houston and back when I need new bits. The $40.00 bits won't cost me another $30.00 in gas to go get them. I didn't find out if one needs warranty work on their machine whether to take it to Ace and they will send it in or send direct to LHR from your home. We will see how that works out.

James
Huntsville, TX.

SilentBob
05-20-2008, 10:11 PM
James,
If warranty work is required go directly to LHR. They are the ones providing the warranty and getting someone else involved will only get you added lead time and frustration.
Bob