PDA

View Full Version : board tracking plate

Oliver Lande
05-15-2008, 04:05 PM
OK - sent machine in, got it back after 4 weeks, won't work.

Thats the easy way of saying it. But of course I called Carvewright and was told I need to replace a part (how did it get out of the sevice center not working). It is the board tracking encoder damper. These are the actual instructions I got from Carvewright ---

"(1)Need to unscrew 2 philips on the edge of the board tracking plate 1screw first one is located on corner back plate sitting on back tray, second one is on front tray on corner left side of the plate on front tray that’s to released the plate.(2)then you insert the damper into the holder that holds the damper in place.(3)then place screws back into place & you good to go."

Can anyone define this a little better? Is the board tracking plate the sliding plate used to adjust width?

More definate help is much appreciated.

Jeff_Birt
05-15-2008, 04:28 PM
This sounds like the little rubber 'spring' or 'shock' that spring loads the board tracking senor. It 'could' have popped out in shipment I guess, a few folks could have had them pop out in use. I'll do some more forum searching as there were a few pictures floating around showing the piece and where it goes. I would have to agree that the directions they gave you are clear as mud.

OK, check out post #9, here: http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3992&highlight=board+tracking+sensor+rubber

I thought there was a picture somewhere if it in place, but I could not find it.

Kenm810
05-15-2008, 04:56 PM
See if the parts manual's photos and numbers help at all.