PDA

View Full Version : Motor runs fast

dougmsbbs
05-12-2008, 09:30 PM
I know this has been talked about before, but did we ever reach a consensus on why the cut motor goes into hyper speed in the middle of a carving?

Drives me nuts....

ncamp
05-12-2008, 10:48 PM
I thought I saw a thread saying it was the RPM sensor.

Mine has done the same thing from day one. It does not seem to affect the quality, so I don't worry about it too much, but I would like to know as well.

dougmsbbs
05-13-2008, 08:27 AM
Thank you. It's time to take mine down and give it a real good tune up, so I'll check out the cut motor while I'm in there.

Anyone else have any other ideas?

Digitalwoodshop
05-13-2008, 06:48 PM
I have the upgraded round magnet and even I get the high RPM sometimes but not often. A dirty muffler can cause it due to the cooling being blocked from the motor. How are your Cut Motor Brushes? 180 hours start looking to replace them.. Search my "Anatomy of the Cut Motor 101" for more details.

Do you get a CCM error? You can check the motor magnet in check sensors by spinning the shaft and watch the
pulses count.

My machine has been running almost non stop for 3 days now in 3 hour carves making bears for shows. I listen on the intercom and the speed has been steady. I think it does it more with a V60 and V90 bit. This is a 3 hour carve with the carve bit on a carrier board cutting scrap wood into Dollar Bills.....

AL

dougmsbbs
05-13-2008, 07:17 PM
No errors of any kind. Today I took a couple of hours and went through it pretty well, cleaning and adjusting. While I was in there I took the cut motor apart. There was a bunch of dust in the end where the cable goes.

It's right now about 35 minutes into a carve and it's running normal speed. It never made it that long before, so I think I may have it! Yea!:D

All in all it's a big enough improvement that I'm going to add cleaning that out to my list of things I want to do whenever I have the cover off...

rstudley
06-06-2008, 03:32 PM
My machine from the beginning also has stepped up to a higher rev speed after cutting about 15% of each project. Is it not supposed to do this? Draft/normal/best mode doesn't make a difference.