PDA

View Full Version : Clip Carve/merge - Nuts

jerrbitt
05-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Anyone who can tell me how to have the trees overlap the geodesic home on each side would have my utmost appreciation.

I've tried merge and clip carve and height and depth 'till I've thrown in the towel. I'm trying to cover up the square sides of the home pattern.

LollyWood
05-12-2008, 07:01 PM
I tried mess'n w/ the Additive / subtractive. Made the trees at a 999 in ht. and made the names, corners, & house additive and Ht @400.

I staggered the trees to give a little depth, and "strategiclally" placed the pine on the corner closest, and the Maple? farther in the yard to cover most of the house corner.

Hope this is of help. :)

For got the Fleur.. It's at a HT of 999 and additive. Duh :rolleyes:

Lin
05-12-2008, 07:47 PM
maybe this will work
Lin

Amonaug
05-12-2008, 09:46 PM
How's this? Added draft to the letters and trees to avoid chipout and reduced the tree depths to .1 and .15.

jerrbitt
05-13-2008, 09:23 AM
Appreciate the suggewstions/alterations.

One question however, why do some use Draft for carving text instead of Best? I understand it is to reduce chip out but is it also a question of the height of the text? (The higher the text, the more chance for chip out?)

Guess my confusion stems from thinking when you want the "best" detail, you choose a higher level of bit optimization and supposedly the pattern is adjusted to provide this -- according the Designers Help contents.

Gunner
05-13-2008, 09:41 AM
Jerrbit, "draft" on text refers to the angle of the sides of the letters, not the quality of the carve. ie. more draft less chipout. Try a design and turn the carve on an angle and you will see the results of different amounts of draft.

jerrbitt
05-13-2008, 11:46 AM
Jerrbit, "draft" on text refers to the angle of the sides of the letters, not the quality of the carve. ie. more draft less chipout. Try a design and turn the carve on an angle and you will see the results of different amounts of draft.

I was getting ready to ask you how do you adjust for draft since I could dnot find anything on it in the help files. But I did stumble across it in the toolbar and wow, what a difference that makes.

Another lesson learned -- thanks for the information.

LollyWood
05-16-2008, 11:26 PM
Thanks for that tid-bit Gunner. I played w/ it today, and it made my letter carving much better. Very Nice. :)