PDA

View Full Version : Cause For Concern

jerrbitt
05-12-2008, 05:11 PM
Was cutting a detailed pattern last night, cuts all the way through the ½ depth, and at about the 3 ½ hour mark, about a half hour from finish, the carving bit hit a knot in the wood and tore the project to pieces. I was concerned about the knot but watched it start on it and when it got about half way through, I left to go in the house, figuring –wrongly—that it was going to be okay. Upon return is when I saw what happened. The machine shut itself down and I could not detect any physical damage although the card reads Y AXIS STALL

Tried to run the project again today (making a lot of scrap wood) and after checking the bit and the height of the board, got a message about checking the cut motor – rpm sensor. Should have written it down to get the exact wording I know but in essence that’s the message. Further, it gave me the option to Enter to continue Stop to Abort.

I took that project off and set up a board to do some centerline text. Got the same message shortly after checking jogging to position. Got the message about checking the cut motor but nothing about the RPM sensor. Hit Enter and it proceeded to cut without problem.

Reloaded the original project and this time, no messages, it started carving and still is as I write this.

So can anyone tell what happened and should I expect this message again in the future?

Dan-Woodman
05-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Thats a pretty commen error. Just hit start and the rpm will change and it will proceed.
Mine doesn't do it as much as it used to since I updated to 1.126, but still does it once in a while.