PDA

View Full Version : Part broke off Ytruck?

marsuwren
05-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Hi, we have had our machine for about 2 months now, having fun exploring it's capabilities.
Today, this plastic part,(image attached), broke off of my machine during operation.

Got the y-axis error. and then Asset Macro Failed, Error 87.
I've searched the forums, no mention of this that I could find. Other Error 87 posts, but nothing with a broken part.

The truck assembly moves freely when moved by hand, does not move when the belt moves.

Feeling behind the y-truck, it feels like the Y-Belt Retaining Clamp is still there, but loose. If I am feeling what I see in the parts illustration.

I am wondering if this part that broke off could be part of the truck itself, that the retaining clamp fits over?

If so, can the y-truck be replaced?
Please help..
Marty
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2998361320030133888Qekcsp

marsuwren
05-11-2008, 07:27 PM
Ok, maybe this will work for the image, I've tried attaching it this time...
Marty

hotpop
05-11-2008, 07:40 PM
It sounds like your "Y Belt Retaining Clip" has come loose.

Item #134.

hotpop
05-11-2008, 07:45 PM
marsuwren

I forgot to welcome you to the forum. Welcome!

The part in your picture looks like part of the Y belt retainer.

Jeff_Birt
05-11-2008, 07:58 PM
I think that is the tab tat sticks out from the back of the Y-truck that the belt teeth lock in to. The clip Hot-Pop is referring screws down on the tap and clamps the belt to the pieces that broke.

Give CW a call and talk to a technician. They may send you a Y/Z truck assembly and let you replace it or they may want you to send the machine back. Replacing the whole Y/Z assembly is not too bad as the two bearings on the Y-truck that you need to get to are the one on top.

Let us know how it works out, please.

marsuwren
05-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the welcome,
I figured it was part of the truck.
I believe it is the retaining clip that I can feel moving. Maybe the screws loosened.. causing the break.
I used the same pic that you posted.
I figured it was part of #135, but couldn't see a picture of the back side of it.

I will call them in the a.m. As I am near Houston, maybe I can go pick the part up. Hopefully it isn't too expensive. we got our mnachine on ebay, so no warranty.

Nice to hear that "Replacing the whole Y/Z assembly is not too bad as the two bearings on the Y-truck that you need to get to are the one on top."

Hate to be down for too long, I have things to make! :(

Thanks for your help, both of you, it is appreciated!
Nice to have this forum to run to with problems like this.

Marty

marsuwren
05-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Called CW just now, got the nicest people on the phone. And got a person right away!
Marcus in CS was great...
They are sending me a new Y-truck.
Can't wait for it to get here, which should be real quick, as I am close!
Will update again when the part arrives, and we replace it.

Thank you both for your help!

Happy carving...

Marty