PDA

View Full Version : X Axis and Z Axis Error 500

andes
05-11-2008, 06:40 PM
#%^%%@ frustrated!:mad: Ok I finally got another Z motor in, as the first one LHR sent had a bad gear in it. Installed it the other night and it seemed to work; started a project and about 45% into the project the machine stopped the project and went back to the main menu. I started the project again but this time it started and about 1 min later it gave me a X Axis Stall and the powered off. I tried several things

1. Rechecked all connections and screws to ensure nothing was loose.
2. Checked to make sure that the power supply was ok, by turning the machine on without the card inserted – the black squares on the top was showing.
3. Checked the cut sensor, it appeared to be working fine.
4. Reformatted the memory card
5. Re-cleaned the machine, by ensuring that I didn’t have any saw dust causing a problem.

Tried again to run the project and this time I got a Z Axis Stall – power off.

I got the error code 500 when I went to send the reports to LHR. By that I mean when sending the X and Z axis it had ERROR 500 with both errors.

I think I may be setting a record for the most time down – 3 months I have been working to get this machine up now. I will try to call LHR again, but in the mean time DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Andes

andes
05-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Called LHR and it appears that I need to replace the PWR supply; so I am awaiting a part; I sure hope this is the one LOL, cause I could use some carving time. I've been creating a few designs and would like to carve them and share once I am sure they will work OK.

Andes

bizbiki
05-13-2008, 10:32 PM
I got an error 500 last week. When I got my machine back from LHR it apparently had the cover sensor pick up (module or what ever you call the end of the cable that plugs into the back of the machine) installed upside down. Really doesnt sound like your exact problem but might be worth a try.

Good luck.

andes
05-14-2008, 08:54 AM
Louie

Sounds like something worth looking at, but not real sure about which cable you are ref to.

Andes

bizbiki
05-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Andes,

Sorry so long in getting back to you. The cable that I am refering to is the cable that comes off of the cover switches which (if memory serves) is two white and one black) wire, you follow it back to the rear of the machine and it plugs into a circut board on the keyboard side of the cut motor.

Digitalwoodshop
05-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Reverse that left cover switch cable and you get a "Open Cover".... How do I know that.... White Wire to the CENTER.....

Check your FLAT ribbon cable for reversal. Contacts only on one side.

AL

andes
05-16-2008, 10:23 PM
Oh ok, I know which one you are referring to ;-)

Andes

andes
05-19-2008, 01:13 AM
Ok, got my replacement power supply, installed it and ran a long test. I needed to work on a sign for one of my co-workers. Well it went pretty well, except for the edging. The carving completed and the system stopped and asked for the edging bit (used the ½ classic) I put it in, pressed enter and it said “edging” but nothing was happening (it did run through and set the bit). I’m pretty sure that this one was operator error, but I can’t seem to figure out what I could have done wrong. I need some advice. Also I did get the error that the cover wasn’t closed, but I moved the z motor to the center and closed the cover and it cleared.

Since it did carve, I will have to do the edging manually, so that I don't lose another piece of wood.

ChrisAlb
05-19-2008, 06:07 AM
Ok, got my replacement power supply, installed it and ran a long test. I needed to work on a sign for one of my co-workers. Well it went pretty well, except for the edging. The carving completed and the system stopped and asked for the edging bit (used the ½ classic) I put it in, pressed enter and it said “edging” but nothing was happening (it did run through and set the bit). I’m pretty sure that this one was operator error, but I can’t seem to figure out what I could have done wrong. I need some advice. Also I did get the error that the cover wasn’t closed, but I moved the z motor to the center and closed the cover and it cleared.

Since it did carve, I will have to do the edging manually, so that I don't lose another piece of wood.

Hi Andes, long time...lol

Before doing the edging (and inner route) manually, I would make a copy of your carve file (I looked at it and it seems fine), remove the text and carved region and load the project again with just the edge routing and inner frame routing.

Once you have the board loaded, start the project and "watch the whole process" carefully. It should only ask for the 1/2" Classical bit. Make sure it touches the center of the bit plate and the top of the wood. If it gets this far, let it continue but keep your hand on the cover or STOP button. Stay with it and watch carefully. At the first sign of it "not doing what it should" you can stop it.

I've done this a couple times successfully when I'm not sure the bit actually hit the plate because I wasn't watching it closely. Seems to me it happens with the "shaped" router bits mostly?

And I have seen mine a couple times now, stop about 3/4" above the plate and continue merrily along like it did everything right...lol Then watched it as it followed the path about 3/4" above the board and cutting nothing.

Chris

andes
05-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Yes it has been a long time :-} But I am excited to be carving; this baby is going to be going into overtime LOL. I have lots of project to get carved.

Thanks for the advise; I will try that this morning and let you know what happens, wish me luck ;-}

Andes

andes
05-19-2008, 03:31 PM
Chris, what you suggested worked, thanks, you save me time and wood.

Andes

Cocoa
06-26-2008, 11:52 AM
I got the error code 500 when I went to send the reports to LHR. By that I mean when sending the X and Z axis it had ERROR 500 with both errors.

I get the same message when sending but I am unable to find any info on it also. It's not an error message on the machine, it's an error message from the computer when sending the errors from the memory card. If anyone has any suggestions on this, I would love to hear them.

ChrisAlb
06-26-2008, 12:11 PM
I get the same message when sending but I am unable to find any info on it also. It's not an error message on the machine, it's an error message from the computer when sending the errors from the memory card. If anyone has any suggestions on this, I would love to hear them.

Hi Cocoa and welcome to the forum,

Chances are it's within your firewall settings on either your computer, or router if you have one and are connected to a home or office network.