PDA

View Full Version : Probably a Stupid Question

Jossef
05-08-2008, 09:36 PM
I got my CW a few days ago. I have been reading, reading , and more reading! Here on the forum and the manual. My question is, does the machine tell me what bit to use or where do I find that info. I have lubed the CW and I have my first project ready and loaded on the card. One important thing that is needed which I guess I did not think of is........Wood!! Must buy wood!!!

www.go3d.us
05-08-2008, 09:58 PM
Hi,
When you started to carve your project the machine will ask you for the bit that you would like to use. Use 1/16" taper tip bit for best result.
Hope this help.
HT

mtylerfl
05-08-2008, 10:08 PM
I got my CW a few days ago. I have been reading, reading , and more reading! Here on the forum and the manual. My question is, does the machine tell me what bit to use or where do I find that info. I have lubed the CW and I have my first project ready and loaded on the card. One important thing that is needed which I guess I did not think of is........Wood!! Must buy wood!!!

Jossef,

The Dec '07 issue of the CarveWright Tips & Tricks addresses the bit assignment question for carving and cut outs.

In a nutshell, the software automatically assigns the 1/16" carving bit to a pattern you place on a board - no need to manually assign a bit. The machine also will automatically assign the 1/8" cutting bit for any cut path / cut outs you create in a project.

Most projects are accomplished with just those two bits.

If you purchased the $100 optional Centerline feature, then you would assign either a 60 or 90 degree bit for that.

There is a complete bit set available from the CarveWright store (and elsewhere). If you own the bit set, then you would also be able to assign special bits for decorative edge routing, beading, etc.

Amonaug
05-08-2008, 10:29 PM
The machine will prompt you to load each bit it will usestarting with the last one and going to the first one (in other words the reverse order it will carve in). It will measure bit then start the carve and do everything it needs to carve with that bit, then it will ask for the next bit and so on.

Jossef
05-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Okay, thanks to all. That was what I was looking for.