PDA

View Full Version : Sears Still Not Selling

jerrbitt
05-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Just got back from Sears whre I ordered a cutting bit via Craftsman Club sales.

Just for curiousity, I asked the salesperson to go through the procedure of ordering a compucarve since the Craftsman Club brochure indicated it was on sale. Well he did and the "item is not available."

So is Sears out of the Compucarve business or not? I'm concerned since I bought mine with the extended warranty and have to wonder what kind of service I would get if they discontinue selling the machine. Oh well, time to ponder, I have two more months under the 90 day return pollicy to decide whether to keep it or return it and buy OEM.

Anybody know whether you get a full refund including the cost of the extended warranty with return?

hotpop
05-08-2008, 04:56 PM
I was at Sears yesterday and did the same thing. Got the same response.

bulldog527
05-08-2008, 06:08 PM
I returned one to Sear's 3 weeks ago. After owning it for 6 weeks , they started to balk at getting it serviced and told me they made a mistake in selling me the extended warranty because they do not offer it for that machine. They had no choice but to issue a full refund since it was less than 90 days since purchase. I will spend my money elsewhere from now on.