PDA

View Full Version : The Latest Creations

gmalanoski
05-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Here are 2 of my latest creations. The 1st is a large cutting board for a family friend. If you look close at the picture on the back you'll notice that the "a" in Thair is messed up. The flexshaft came out of the cutter and stopped the bit rotation. Luckily I was in the room when it happened.

The 2nd is my mom's Mother's Day Gift. The mirror is nearly 6ft tall and was based on the mirror in issue 175 of Wood Magazine. It is made from QS Red Oak. To finish I rubbed on Danish Oil & sprayed poly once the oil cured. I used several coats of oil and wet sanded so that the oil & sawdust acted as a pore filler. Special thanks to Ken Massingale for some reading material on the finish! The CarveWright was used to do the flutes - well, because it was easy. ;)

Greg

mtylerfl
05-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Greg, that is some FINE work! Great projects!

Dan-Woodman
05-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Greg
Thats beautiful! great job. Picture 3 looks like a fireplace mantel.

later Daniel

CustomWestCoast
05-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Very nice project. I know it will be a hit on Mother's Day!

jbraman
05-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Great work Greg! Did you use any special finish on the cutting board?

forqnc
05-08-2008, 06:46 AM
Very nice Greg and the finishing is awesome

Greg
Thats beautiful! great job. Picture 3 looks like a fireplace mantel.

later Daniel
Yeah, I had to read gregs post twice looking for where I had missed him mention the 'table' in pic 3. That was until I realized that table had a headless body under it :eek:

gmalanoski
05-08-2008, 07:25 AM
Thank you all for your kind words. I actually gave it to mom last weekend so that there was no chance of me or the kids damaging it. It was a HUGE hit!

I finished the cutting board with several coats of Watco Butcher Block Oil and sprayed it with my spray gun.