PDA

View Full Version : Y Truck hard to move

DustyUsr
05-06-2008, 05:55 PM
OK, I have owned my machine sense August last year, have 48.2 hrs on it.
Last night I cut a project and everything went fine, today I want to cut a project and it says "check for board problem", I replaced the board three times and the same thing. Everything is clean and lubed.
I move the Y truck and the Z truck by hand, the Z truck moves a little tight, the Y truck is very hard to move side to side by hand, I re-cleand and re-lubed everything and same thing.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you for all of your support.
Michael

deemon328
05-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Off the top of my head...

Is the power to the machine off? The Y and Z will be hard to move if the power is on.

Have you checked the gears for impacted sawdust? This can cause stiff movement.

Have you checked to see if the flexshaft is rubbing against the top cover? It could need adjusted.

Good luck.

DustyUsr
05-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Off the top of my head...

Is the power to the machine off? The Y and Z will be hard to move if the power is on.

Have you checked the gears for impacted sawdust? This can cause stiff movement.

Have you checked to see if the flexshaft is rubbing against the top cover? It could need adjusted.

Good luck.
_________

I have checked everything, no dust and no binding.
the power every time that I do something with the CC is on, never had a problem before

DustyUsr
05-06-2008, 06:16 PM
re-tryed everything with power off, did help some with movement but, it could not find the bit plat correctley and it said to ajust the slid bar, (I think that is what it is called) everything is adjusted correct, I can't figure it out.
Just hoping someone else might know something.
thanks for you support.
Michael

deemon328
05-06-2008, 06:35 PM
The bit plate is an easy fix. I like this stuff:

L512
Liquid Wrench® Dry Lubricant with CERFLON®
- Liquid Wrench Dry Lubricant with CERFLON Lubricates and protects.
- Leaves a dry film
- No oily residue
- Long lasting
- Will not collect dust

I get it at Home Depot and spray it on the spring of the bit plate. It really makes the difference if it's not popping out all the way.

Of course, if your Y travel isn't even getting to the bit plate, then this won't help.

That's about all I can think of. I hope you get some more advice.

DustyUsr
05-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Thanks deemon328 for trying to help, I guess I'll have to check back later.
Thanks for all of your support.
Michael

DustyUsr
05-06-2008, 07:25 PM
and someone else probably is to.
Some times when you down load someone else's pattern DO NOT GO IN AND CHANGE THE PROGRAM, I learned that if you go in and change the RENDER to best, it is not a GOOD itea, I changed the RENDET back to Normal and everything is CARVING GREAT.
deemon328 THANKS for you input but, I figured this one out on my own.
If someone is having problems with doing something and they are not sure of what they are doing in the PROGRAM, DO NOT DO IT, you will have problems.
Thanks for all of your support
MICHAEL

DustyUsr
05-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Some times when you down load someone else's pattern DO NOT GO IN AND CHANGE THE PROGRAM, I learned that if you go in and change the RENDER to best, it is not a GOOD itea, I changed the RENDET back to Normal and everything is CARVING GREAT.
deemon328 THANKS for you input but, I figured this one out on my own.
If someone is having problems with doing something and they are not sure of what they are doing in the PROGRAM, DO NOT DO IT, you will have problems.
Thanks for all of your support
MICHAEL

PS. I hope this helps other people that are having problems and they can 't figure them out.
Sometimes, like the PRO's themselves say, it is USER HEAD SPACE.

DustyUsr
05-06-2008, 07:52 PM
You have a lot of information and it is WELL desirved, your wisdom helps alot of (Newbee's) like me but I thougt that I would hear from one of you on this subject, I did not get what I thought but, that is O.K.
You both have GREAT Knowledge and you will continue to help people down the road.
Thanks for all of your support in the future.
Michael.