PDA

View Full Version : Z Axis Stall

ArkiePaul
05-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Well after 2 weeks down time I finally got my new "Z Bundle" installed. As soon as I started the machine it gave me a message "Z Axis Stall". I called LHR for support and the tech told me to punch in code "053" then shut the machine off right after I put in the numbers. Then he told me to turn it back on and it would go directly to the project menue. Once I restarted it did just as he said and now I am back to carving. No problems as of yet. I hope this will help anyone else who has had the same proble. The only thing is now the spring bolt at the top of the Z Motor rubs against the inner part of the cover. Haven't figured that one out yet but it seems to be no problem. A happy carver once more!:D

DocWheeler
05-06-2008, 02:16 PM
ArkiePaul,

The top cover fit snugly to the old Z motor and the new one is a little bigger. To get more clearance, LHR put washers in top of all four corner posts and/or put washers under the cover at the two screws on the "muffler" side. You may want to do that also.

ArkiePaul
05-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the advice. I had actually thought about doing that very thing but was so thrilled to be carving again I didn't mess with it. Tomorrow is another great carving day so I will do it then. Several backorders to catch up on too.:p