PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in Accessories menu

TheRain
05-04-2008, 01:36 PM
This is my first post here. I bought a CompuCarve used recently, and I can only get it to go into the Accessories or Options menu, none of the other menus. I'm not sure if I'm just missing something or if there is a deeper issue here.

I've tried using the arrow keys, and the shortcut buttons, but I'm only able to get to Accessories or Options. Any ideas ??

ncamp
05-04-2008, 02:02 PM
I found this link. It may help:

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4765&highlight=menu

Also, make sure you have upgraded the firmware on the flash card to the latest version.

hotpop
05-04-2008, 06:43 PM
TheRain,

Do you have a Designer program uploaded to the Flash Card?

TheRain
05-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Thanks! I clicked through that link and this is what solved it:

After you put the card back in the machine, turn the machine on. It should say “Scan Area”. Hit option “0”. Scroll down to number 5, User Options. Scroll down to Scan Probe. Make sure it is on “cover” instead of "Z truck".

ncamp
05-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Good to hear you got it fixed.

Digitalwoodshop
05-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Welcome to the Forum. Read as much as you can because all the errors and most of the questions you will ask have already been answered on the forum. When the head gets stuck up high and only clicks going down the answer is here.... The 7 inch Rule of wood being longer than designer to stay under rollers.... Lots of GOOD Stuff.... Lubrication important....., Bit Plate problems.... Lots to read.

Welcome,

AL

TheRain
05-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Thanks Al,

When I was considering whether to buy a used CompuCarve or CarveWright, I spent time studying this forum in advance to try and see if the maintenance was worth it... or if I was going to wind up with a machine that was always broken. I came to the conclusion that this system is no different than a lot of CNC type machines out there, except that the user is somewhat "separated" from the hardware they are working with here. So I think a lot of people expect to have a sort of printer for wood when they buy one of these, and wind up with a lot of care, maintenance, and knowledge they did not expect to have to have.

Originally I was thinking of building my own CNC machine, and then someone mentioned these machines. All in all, I think these are excellent machines for the price, and the care, maintenance and support needed are all just things people should expect to have come with a machine like this.

Digitalwoodshop
05-05-2008, 03:00 PM
The Rain,

My feelings excatually....

Sounds like your going to have a great time with your machine.

AL