PDA

View Full Version : 1st a bad power supply, now Z stall?

h_kench
05-02-2008, 07:55 AM
OK, so I had about 10 minutes on my new CW, and the power supply went bad. 3 weeks later, I put the new power supply in, loaded the updated software, flashed the memory card, and now I get a Z stall 236 error within 30 seconds of starting the carve, thus ruining a nice piece of oak. What gives? I am getting close to regretting this purchase.

Jeff_Birt
05-02-2008, 08:18 AM
Well, it is impossible to tell from your explanation. Let's start with: Can you upload the project you were using, what version of Designer and firmware are you using, how long was the stock you were using. Did you tell the machine to stay under rollers?

h_kench
05-02-2008, 11:38 AM
Well, it is impossible to tell from your explanation. Let's start with: Can you upload the project you were using, what version of Designer and firmware are you using, how long was the stock you were using. Did you tell the machine to stay under rollers?

Project uploaded. Version 1.126 , Actual stock length = 26", the lenght I told the computer = 20". Stay under rollers? No, but it really would with the extra length.

mtylerfl
05-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Hello,

That is incorrect - you need 7" extra (not 6") for the project to stay under the rollers. (i.e., 3 1/2" on each end of your 20" project)