PDA

View Full Version : Centerline Text free??

Steven Alford
05-01-2008, 09:49 PM
I just got my machine and software in the last three weeks. Before that I had the demo software off the CW website. I did not install the software that came with the machine, I just registered the demo version which should have been the same software.

My questions is this: My understanding is that you have to pay $100 for centerline text, right? I did not pay this money, but if I click on the text button in Designer, I get centerline text and it can been seen and manipulated on my project. Is this normal? Or is there a different centerline?

Steve

ncamp
05-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Steven,

That sounds like centerline text to me.

Steven Alford
05-01-2008, 10:09 PM
So if a person does not have centerline text, what, the text button in Designer is grayed out?? So that it can't be used until you pay the $100

Steve

ncamp
05-01-2008, 10:13 PM
Before I bought Centerline Text, the option did not show up. The only two choices were Raster and Outline. When I bought Centerline, the the Centerline option appeared.

Are you sure you registered with your serial number:rolleyes:?

ncamp
05-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Re-read my last post. That last line was not to be taken seriously.

Steven Alford
05-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Oh, OK, so you have the text ability within Designer, but there is no centerline available until you pay. I have the Raster and Outline, but not the choice of centerline. What is the difference? What makes centerline, centerline?

Steve

AskBud
05-01-2008, 10:51 PM
Here is a Zipped AVI lesson on the Text Tool (15.3 Mb in size).
AskBud
http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/cw-text%20tool.zip

jj8950
05-02-2008, 09:56 AM
I have the centerline text and it is good to have but you can take raster text and invert it and it comes out the same...have to check the depth....havent accually tried it in a project yet

oldjoe
05-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Raster works okay but you have to watch which fonts you used some of them like "O and P"s where you have a center piece in the letter chip out especially if you are doing smaller lettering. I have centerline but even on bigger signs I will use outline where I can controll my depth.

Digitalwoodshop
05-02-2008, 12:49 PM
So for example.... Select Outline Text, Select Modern Text... It is a single line text. Move the spacing to about 25. Add your text to the board. Select the Bit, say the V60. See the depth adjustment at 0.100? Change it to say .40 and see the text change on the board. You can also select BOLD too for a different effect. I am doing some Fire Maltese Crosses and doing this lets me place the Name Text in the recessed name area where Centerline can't reach as True Centerline is not adjustable in depth and won't work here.

There are a few Fonts that are single line that will work in outline and look like Centerline. The Thicker ones have 2 lines and don't look like centerline.

I just learned this trick the other day.... Was posted here before but I just didn't "Get the Connection"..... I saw it as I was fighting with Centerline on this plaque/clock.... And it WORKED..... Can I have a DUH !!!

Good Luck,

AL

I would post the mpc but I think it is a purchased pattern.

Added a mpc from a Carrier Board Post with Modern Text in Outline looking like Centerline.