PDA

View Full Version : memory card problems

bobc
04-30-2008, 06:34 PM
I can't up load to my card when I try to up load or try to use flash manager I Get (upload the flash device could not be initiaized .Please ensure that the flash writer is connected to your computer and card is firmly inserted).The green light is on so the writer must be ready to use and I have inserted the card all the way into the writer.When I take the card to the carvewright it reads what I already have on the card.Has any one else had this problem.:confused:

Jeff_Birt
04-30-2008, 06:55 PM
I had this problem on my old computer with the built in USB ports. Sometimes restarting Designer would help, or switching ports. I finally plugged it into the USB ports from an PCI card that I had added to the computer and that solved the problem. I had also had a few other issues with the built in ports trying to use a external HDD so I concluded that the built in ports were flaky.

jbraman
04-30-2008, 06:56 PM
It almost sounds like the driver isn't loading. Non-technical solution--try unplugging the flash writer. I've had this problem when I plugged into the wrong USB port...I didn't know there was a wrong USB port, but when I switched to the one I normally use it worked fine.

-Jordan

www.go3d.us
04-30-2008, 07:06 PM
It happen to me sometime also. So what I did is re-load the software and unplug and plug the card reader back in. Hope it worked for you.
HT

Semper Fi
04-30-2008, 07:30 PM
I also had this problem......... I bought a new card reader and that solved the problem. Later when it came up again, the memory card was the solution. I know this doesn't help you too much in narrowing your problem down, but that was what worked for me.

04-30-2008, 07:45 PM
A possible reason for your problems is that sometimes on board USB ports are USB 1.0. The add on ports are ususally USB 2.0. A solution may be that you need 2.0 drivers for the native USB ports.

Deolman
04-30-2008, 08:26 PM
Have you tried a complete shutdown, power off, reboot yet? If that doesn't work you may have to go into device manager and delete all USB ports prior to a reboot. You do have to be careful sometimes because the mouse and/or keyboard are on USB ports and when you delete these ports the mouse and/or keyboard won't work. Don't worry, once you reboot, all should come back OK.