PDA

View Full Version : Error 87

andes
04-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Ok everyone, I could sure use some help with this one. after replacing the z pack upgrade I tested the machine and got the following error:

"Assert Macro Failed Error 87"

I have called LHR a couple of times and the last time I worked with the tech he said that he was having a part sent. Well about a week later the request for the part was declined and I will have to wait until I am off again to call LHR to try and troubleshoot the issue, again. Anyway, my machine is still down and I was kind of holping that someone had some insite on this error so that I can try to get the system back up. HELP _ PLEASE.....

Andes

Digitalwoodshop
04-30-2008, 08:49 AM
First thing that comes to mind is that you possibly inserted the cable back-wards. I never looked real close at it but with the flat ribbon cables the bear contact side must be inserted with the exposed metal contacts facing the correct way. The Plastic face is on the back side of the cable so the cable can only be inserted one way to work.

Let me check my pictures and see..... Or something is still unplugged? The Z Motor plug??

Look at the pictures and you can see the J3 plug in the Right Board in the first picture and see contacts only on one side of the plug. Look at the cable plugged in and the dab of RTV to hold it and the BLUE is UP and the contacts are on the underside of on the down side of the cable. If you look at yours and the contacts are UP then that is your problem.

When I changed my cable I got Confused and had to refer back to the pictures of before the change. I laid the new cable over the old one and made reference marks where the bends were before I removed the cable from the holder.

Let us know please what happened.

Good Luck,

AL

andes
04-30-2008, 09:10 AM
Thanks Al, I will recheck everything tomorrow (my next day off ) Will let you know the out come.

Andes

andes
05-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Al, I checked everything as you suggest, it was correct, so I called LHR again today. Well it appears that the plastic gear in the z motor is bad in the one I got awhile back; so they are sending out another one. Keep you fingers cross LOL.

Andes

eromran
05-02-2008, 02:45 PM
Al, I checked everything as you suggest, it was correct, so I called LHR again today. Well it appears that the plastic gear in the z motor is bad in the one I got awhile back; so they are sending out another one. Keep you fingers cross LOL.

Andes
Exact same thing replaced z motor run for a few projects got error 87 started checking it out and seen the motor is loose from plate where you install. Not the plate where i installed. It is the plate that is already on and suppose to be tight so yes if they say it is bad gear and you replace the gear and tighten it correctly then problem solved. But what caused gear to go bad. At least in my case it (the motor, heat sink) not being securely tighten to the mounting plate (which is done in the factory) in the first place it looks like it may be on inside. Does anyone know the right way to tighten that up. After haveing this come loose i check other motor and its getting loose also. I think i caught it soon enough that it did not ruin gear if i could just get it tighten up. Below 128 is coming loose from the plate like 49.THANKS

mtylerfl
05-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Hello Ed,

I put a dab of Blue Loctite on the screw threads- they won't loosen up on you again, yet, if you ever need to remove the Z-pak, the blue will break loose fairly easily, no problem.

andes
05-02-2008, 10:11 PM
reromran

You replaced the gear, where did you find a replacement?

Andes

eromran
05-02-2008, 11:18 PM
Hello Ed,

I put a dab of Blue Loctite on the screw threads- they won't loosen up on you again, yet, if you ever need to remove the Z-pak, the blue will break loose fairly easily, no problem.Thanks Michael , I appreciate the advice it just shows how far ahead you are from me my question was not how to keep them tight it was (where are They) i did not know there where two screws in there and since it was under warranty still i did not want to blindly take it apart as i ended up doing. And now that i found them they do have lock tight on them,THANKS and I'm not being fascias if you would have not mentioned putting lock tight on the screws i would have not know to look for THE SCREWS, thanks again. (Some times we think everyone has seen what we have)