PDA

View Full Version : Probe fixed

eromran
04-28-2008, 08:39 PM
This is the first scan after getting a couple of replacements. Does it look like it should carve all wright or did i smooth it a little to much or not enough. I would appreciate any input. It took 9 1/2 hours to scan this. THANKS

mtylerfl
04-29-2008, 03:01 PM
This is the first scan after getting a couple of replacements. Does it look like it should carve all wright or did i smooth it a little to much or not enough. I would appreciate any input. It took 9 1/2 hours to scan this. THANKS

Hello Ed,

That looks pretty good, but I do think that it has been smoothed too much and some detail has likely been lost.

As a general rule-of-thumb, use the smooth tool and set it for "2"...then, if further smoothing is necessary, use the blur tool, and set it for "2" as well. That generally smooths it enough to remove most of the "roughness" yet maintains the detail of what you just scanned.

Also, you may need to use the "Lower" tool after smooth/blur and lower it until any undesired "edge around the pattern dissapears.

eromran
04-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Hello Ed,

That looks pretty good, but I do think that it has been smoothed too much and some detail has likely been lost.

As a general rule-of-thumb, use the smooth tool and set it for "2"...then, if further smoothing is necessary, use the blur tool, and set it for "2" as well. That generally smooths it enough to remove most of the "roughness" yet maintains the detail of what you just scanned.

Also, you may need to use the "Lower" tool after smooth/blur and lower it until any undesired "edge around the pattern dissapears.
Thanks alot that should help alot.