PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

wcreech
04-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Had my first problem. Had a rear roller stuck. Found the problem was a loose bracket holding the pressure switch. Put the machine back together and carved the pattern with no problem, but when it started to do the cutpath it started the cut about 1/4 inch offset to the rear of the machine. Any suggestions?

ncamp
04-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Your board is probably slipping.

Things to check:
Make sure the squaring plate is not too tight. The board should move freely when the rollers are up.

Check the Brass Roller and the O ring.

Make sure the bottom of your board is flat and square.

Try a piece of masking tape on the bottom edge (the side toward the keypad) for the full length of the board.

wcreech
04-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Carved the piece prior to the roller problem and cutpath cut fine. Have tried it on three pieces since and this is when the problem developed. brass roller and band appears fine and running the sensor checks shows no problem. Attached is the carving .

wcreech
04-30-2008, 06:47 PM
Posted earlier that i was having problem with cut path cutting
about 1/4 inch off set at each pass. followed your suggestions checked brass roller and rubber ring, all looks ok. Does not appear to be slipping.
Ran a callibration on the maching and it would not calibrate stating to check board sensor. Also asked the machine to measure a 25 inch length board. The maching measure it as a 24.44 inch. Is it time to call CW support, or has anyone came across this problem.
This forum has been great in correcting my problems which have been operator errors, so thanks for all your help