PDA

View Full Version : Board Options

jerrbitt
04-28-2008, 09:58 AM
Jog To Position, or Place On Corner are other options offered when the board size is larger than the machine expects. I normally use Place on Center but my inquisitive nature wants to know if you "place on corner" for example, what exactly does this mean and ditto for "jog to position." I don't see an explanation in the owners manual.

oldjoe
04-28-2008, 11:44 AM
"Try it you'll like it"
If you place on end it will put your project on the end of the board ie. if you project is 12" and your real board is 36 inches rather then putting in in the middle and wasting 12" on each end of the board. It will place it on the first 12" of the board and leave you with 24" of clear board on the other end. I hope that makes sence. The jog part is there if you want to place your project onto a specific part of a board if you want to take advantage of a certain grain effect.
I hope this helps.

Amonaug
04-28-2008, 11:50 AM
I'm assuming "jog to position" allows you to determine where the corner of the project is to start on the board. This corner being the upper left corner as seen in designer?

ChrisAlb
04-28-2008, 12:26 PM
Either the corner or center position. Your choice.

Dan-Woodman
04-28-2008, 04:03 PM
When I placed my project "on end" it still left about 2 3/4" blank to the edge of the board.
As looking at the keypad,it went to the left end ,started measuring, stopped I told to place on end, it started carving and continued to the left end. It finished carving and there was about 2 3/4" uncarved to the end of the board.

later Daniel

oldjoe
04-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Just a quick thought did you tell it to stay under rollers?

Dan-Woodman
04-29-2008, 04:53 PM
I never tell mine to stay under rollers.

later Daniel